IN 13 STATES: Fall potato crop sets yield records
- Avocado Growers Dealing With 2nd Dose of Disaster. Lewis, Connie // San Diego Business Journal;11/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on the damages caused by the wildfire to the avocado growers in San Diego, California. Area of the agricultural land damaged by the fire; Value of the damages; Number of years for the restoration of the production for damaged trees.
- The Mysterious Avocado. Smitter, Wessel // Saturday Evening Post;2/26/1949, Vol. 221 Issue 35, p30
The article provides information on avocado crop produced in Southern California. The avocado tree originated in Mexico and Central and South America. The flowers of the avocado are bisexual and has a habit of opening twice a day. Most of the crop is produced by retired doctors, postal employees...
- Produce Boards Offer Tips to Boost Sales. Telesca, Jenna // Supermarket News Expert Blog;4/2/2012, p17
The article discusses the tips on how supermarkets will be able to increase the sales of their fresh fruits. The Watermelon Promotion Board suggests the use of clever or helpful merchandising like signs that indicate proper product care. The importance of offering ripe avocados was emphasized by...
- Hot Avocados. // Time;6/24/1974, Vol. 103 Issue 25, p20
The article reports on the avocado rustlers in Southern California. It states that the thieves has already cheated more than a million dollars worth of Southern California's 38 million dollars crop. According to the crop growers, the crime is as cowardly as robbing a rancher of his cattle. Fruit...
- County Leads United States In Avocado Production. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;2/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p25
Reports that the county of San Diego, California leads the United States in avocado production, according to data from the San Diego County Farm Bureau. Value of production; Lower pricing due to imports; Top avocado producing states; Top avocado consumer markets; Hass avocado industry data;...
- Chapter 12: The binational integration of the US--Mexican avocado industries: examining responses to economic globalism. Stanford, Lois // Mexico in Transition: Neoliberal Globalism, the State & Civil So;2004, p186
Chapter 12 of the book "Mexico in Transition: Neoliberal Globalism, the State and Civil Society" is presented. It explores the economic and political process of binational integration of the American and Mexican avocado industries. It also highlights the author's application of the methods of...
- The Rainbow Connection. Tecco, Betsy Dru // Current Health 2;Sep2005, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p18
Discusses the health benefits of eating fruits and vegetables.
- ASK THE PLANT DOCTOR. Orvis, Kathryn // Humpty Dumpty's Magazine;Sep2002, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p17
Provides information on the benefits of eating fruits and vegetables.
- Fruit & vegetable. Cichoke, Anthony J. // Total Health;Aug96, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p30
Suggests fruits and vegetables to enhance health. Plants with phytochemicals; Alfalfa; Aloe vera; Apples; Broccoli; Cabbage; Carrots; Celery; Chlorella; Garlic; Green barley extract; Green tea powder; Licorice; Mushrooms; Papaya; Parsley; Pineapple; Spinach; Spirulina; Tomato; Wheat germ...