COSTS: Payroll, food prices are under attack
- PACKAGING IS KEY TO HOT FOOD SALES: VENDING HEATS UP. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p100
Reports on the popularity of vended hot food products in the U.S. as of July 15, 2002. Food items used by Automatic Chef Co.; Features of Hot Choice vending machines; Remarks from Dennis Plaster, vending supervisor for Ft. Hood military base in Killeen, Texas on how the hot food vending machine...
- `Out-of-service' time reductions: Break-downs. Lackey, G.E. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p216
Reports on the impact of vending machine breakdowns on food service operations. Vending machines' integration of electronic technology; Downtime reduction in vending machine servicing; Sales effect of broken vending machines.
- DOWN THE ROAD: Vending viewed as solution to difficult climate. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p44
Discusses the reasons vending could very well become dominant method of foodservice in non-commercial settings. Debate among foodservice operators about vending in schools; How corporations will look at vending; Suggestion regarding cold food vending.
- ALL MARKETS: Self-op sales ahead of ind. avg. by 31%. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p63
Presents updates on the status of vending sales in non-commercial food service market in the United States as of October 15, 2000. Percentage of increase in sales; Average vending machine sales; Key trends in vending food service market.
- IN HEALTHCARE: Overcoming 'bumps' in the road to profit. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p65
Focuses on the strategies of several foodservice operators in making their vending machine business a success. Information on the cash register system installed by E. Pasco Medical Center in Zephyrhills, Florida; List of foods provided by E. Pasco; Vending sales performance of E. Pasco; Gross...
- IN B&I: Experts mull labor, brands, dollar coins. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p68
Views on the status of vending machine foodservice market in the business and industrial environment in the United States. Perspectives on the future changes in the market; Reason for the importance of offering recognized brands in vending; Benefits of the Sacagawea dollar coin.
- VENDING VOLUME UP 20% ON AVG.: More operators adding machines. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p39
Look at the performance of vending machines in non-commercial food service in the U.S. in 2002. Percentage of operators that are adding machines in 2002; Vending sales volume of colleges in 2001; Expected sales of vending machines in 2002 and 2003.
- COMBATING THE CAPITAL CRUNCH: Vending grows as a management solution. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p40
Reports on the growth of vending machines in all non-commercial market segments in the U.S. as of 2002. Factors that drive the growth of vending sales; Sales of vending products in the universities in 2001; Discounts received by healthcare employees for vending.
- New `chip' technology for retrofits. Lackey, G.E. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p73
Reports on trends in food vending machine operations in the United States. Innovations in electronic vending; Payment system used; Linking of all vending machines; Use of machines that conform to the Vending Data Transfer Standard.