LUAUS, BBQs AND FESTIVALS: Special events pose special challenges in LTC facility
- "Neighborhood" Model Need Grows in LTC. // FoodService Director;1/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p10
The article presents a survey by foodservice societies Technomic for the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals (ANFP) and the Nutrition and Foodservice Education Foundation (NFEF) which reveal the anticipated shift in resident care of service operators in long-term care facilities.
- Making mealtimes memorable. Finucane, Caroline // Nursing & Residential Care;Mar2006, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p101
Comments on well-balanced and nutritious meals for older people and younger adults with a learning disability who live in residential care homes. Statement made by the Liberal Democrat Paul Burstow about meals served at care homes; Information on a catering academy developed by Barchester...
- Improved food intake in frail older people. Milne, Anne C.; Avenell, Alison; Potter, Jan // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/20/2006, Vol. 332 Issue 7551, p1165
The article discusses a trial of family-style meals at nursing homes in the Netherlands. Concerns about malnutrition and poor energy intake in frail older populations have prompted guidelines and policy initiatives in Europe and Great Britain. Isolation is a contributing factor for gradual...
- Estrategias para mejorar el valor nutricional de los menÃºs ofertados en residencias pÃºblicas para personas mayores. Sánchez-Campillo, M.; Torralba, C.; Á. López, Ma.; Zamora, S.; Pérez-Llamas, F. // Nutricion Hospitalaria;nov/dic2010, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p1014
Background: In developed countries, elderly people are considered a group of high risk for possible nutritional imbalances, particularly if they are institutionalized. Objectives: In the present study, the nutritional value of the meals offered by public nursing homes for the elderly in province...
- Nutritional Management in Long-Term Care: Development of a Clinical Guideline. Thomas, David R.; Ashmen, Wendy; Morley, John E.; Evans, Williams J. // Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences & Medical ;Dec2000, Vol. 55A Issue 12, pM725
Focuses on the development of a clinical guide by the Council for Nutritional Clinical Strategies in Long-Term Care to address malnutrition among residents of long-term care facilities. Development of the `Clinical Guide to Prevent and Manage Malnutrition in Long-Term Care'; Provisions of the...
- HOW NURSING HOME F/S IS PERFORMING. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p51
Provides information on the performance report of food services at long-term care facilities in the U.S. in 2001. Percentage of increase in annual food purchases; Average meals-served-per-chain during the year; Total beds of the facilities; Average daily allocation during the year.
- Anthony's Pier 4 partners to feed nursing home patients. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/07/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p108
Reports on the partnership between food service operator Anthony's Pier 4 of Boston, Massachusetts, and Aurum Network, an operator of nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Terms of the deal.
- Nursing home converts lounge. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the opening of the Big Bear Cafe at the Suffield House, a long-term care facility in Suffield, Connecticut. Facility's use of a ticket system in lieu of cash; Patio-style tables with glass tops; Vending machine for sodas and breakfast items.
- Avoid life-threatening nutritional, hydration needs with early detection. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Advisor;Jan1999, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
Presents LTCQ Inc. Chief Clinical Officer Steven Littlehale's advice for long-term care providers to understand the risk factors of poor nutrition and lessen their possible effects on elderly. Importance of proper nutrition to undernourished elders; Practical solutions to the problem of good...