VIEWPOINT: TOP TRENDS FOR 2001
- Presidential predictions. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p41
Forecasts developments related to foodservice on 2025. Access of information; Retirement of baby boomers; Customers of the food service industry; General business skills in marketing, planning, budgets and training.
- Respite from a wired world. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p47
Forecasts developments related to the foodservice industry up to 2025. Micro-ethnic cuisines; Distinguishing between grocery and restaurant food; Cooking as a hobby; Impact of food safety; Preventive maintenance.
- Been there, done that. Reyer, Neil S. // Food Management;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p96
Forecasts trends in the food service industry in the United States in 2025. Implications of population diversity and demographic change; Holiday menus.
- Wearable Technology for Animals - a $2.6bn market worth watching. // Sensors;5/30/2014, p1
The article discusses the IDTechEx report "Wearable Technology for Animals 2015-2025" which forecasts that the global market will grow to 2.6 billion U.S. dollars in 2025.
- Consumers wield the power of choice; savvy chains reap rewards. Glazer, Fern // Nation's Restaurant News;12/11/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 50, p16
The article presents a forecast for the U.S. hospitality industry through the trends projected by the consumers power of choice. Industry observers expect more chains to follow suit in 2007, if the operators continue catering to consumers' choice needs. Furthermore, it is anticipated that...
- 10 Trends to Watch in 2004. // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb2004, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p44
Forecasts market trends in the restaurant industry of the U.S. for 2004. Growth of the popularity of counters in fast food chains; Revival of Italian-American food; Increased demand for Spanish restaurants.
- OUT LOOK 2009. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/5/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p29
The article presents an outlook for the restaurant industry in the U.S. for 2009. The recession is expected to continue to reduce consumer spending. Operators from across the country share their expectations for 2009 in the "Nation's Restaurant News" periodical's annual Outlook survey. Operators...
- High labor and commodity costs, tight-fisted consumers portend a tough year. Lockyer, Sarah E. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/7/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the 2008 business outlook for the restaurant industry in the U.S. It is stated that the expections for foodservice sales growth in the year are downright alarming for some operators and industry analysts. The forecasts for the industry's performance are being dampened by...
- The White Board. Panetta, Kasey // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jan2015, p30
Statistics are given regarding the projected market for 2018, purchases of smart watches and wearable devices.