THE 45-DEGREE SOLUTION: FDA poses new egg chill rules
- Plan Under Way to Help Lessen Risks from Contaminated Eggs. // FDA Consumer;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p2
Discusses the measures issued by the United States Food and Drug Administration for consumers to prevent illnesses caused by contaminated eggs. Label instructions proposed by the FDA to warn consumers about the risk of Salmonella enteritidis; Role of retail establishments; Storage temperature...
- Eggs and Food Safety. Hostetler, Mark // Prepared Foods;Sep2009, Vol. 178 Issue 9, p39
This article presents major provisions of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Final Rule on the Prevention of Salmonella Enteritidis in Shell Eggs During Production, Storage and Transportation, amending 21 CFR Part 16. Important provisions of the Final Rule include guidance on...
- TO 'HACCP' OR NOT TO 'HACCP': Foodsvc. exempted from juice rules. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the exemption of food service establishments from the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) rules designed to increase safety of fruit and vegetables juices. Requirement for juice processors; Decision of FDA to exempt food service; Other provisions.
- NEW REFRIGERATION GUIDELINES: FDA's egg rules require 45 Fahrenheit. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p22
Deals with a safe handling Compliance Guide issued by the United States Food and Drug Administration regarding the refrigeration of eggs. Overview of the guidelines.
- New Refrigeration Rules: FDA tells foodservice: `Keep eggs chilled at 45...F'. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p26
Deals with the egg refrigeration requirements proposed by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Overview of the proposal; Justification made by the agency; Additional recommendations from the FDA.
- FDA releases new food code. // Hotel & Motel Management;5/9/94, Vol. 209 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the new food code released by the US Food and Drug Administration for food service, retail outlets and vending operations.
- Freedom of Info rule is waived. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p36
Reveals that under a policy instituted by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), central kitchens, food processing facilities and other food service sites inspected by the FDA will no longer have to file Federal `Freedom of Information' requests to obtain copies of reports. Aims...
- Proposed Rules: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES. // Federal Register;7/24/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 142, p44483
The article offers information related to proposed rules from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA has announced that the draft guidance regarding Salmonella enteritidis prevention has been made available. It mentions an advance notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) issued by the...
- Proposed Rules: DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES. // Federal Register;7/25/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 143, p44915
The article offers information on the proposed rules and regulation of Food and Drug Administration under Department of Health and Human Services of the U.S. related to turtles intrastate and interstate requirements. It mentions the regulations for prohibiting the sale, or other commercial or...