EMPLOYMENT TAX REFORM: IRS eases some payroll tax rules
- New IRS reforms protect foodservice operators. // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p28
Details reform bills for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Approval for foodservice operators and other employers to deduct all meals furnished to employees on premises; Provision that prohibits IRS tax collectors from threatening to audit foodservice operators who failed to voluntarily...
- FOR BETTER AND WORSE. Friel, Brian // Government Executive;May2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p79
Focuses on the operations of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Integrity in applying the tax law; Factors influencing the decline of public trust in the federal agency; Modernization of information technology.
- US. // Accountancy;Apr2001, Vol. 127 Issue 1292, p91
Reports on the posting of tax returns and payments from outside the United States. Regulations issued by the United States Internal Revenue Service.
- IRS paying closer attention to S corporations. Grassi, Carl // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p17
Focuses on the S corporation technique used by taxpayers in the U.S. Payments for the third-quarter; Reduce of self-employment taxes; Concept of the S corporation technique; Attention of the Internal Revenue Service on S corporation.
- IRS provides guidance on installment payments from RRA '93. // CPA Journal;Nov94, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p99
Reports on the US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) issuance of guidance on how taxpayers affected by the Revenue Reconciliation Act of 1993's higher tax rates may make their installment payment of those higher taxes.
- Steps to take in preparing and dealing with an IRS examination. Hidalgo, A. Steve; Coppinger, Walter T. // CPA Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p46
Offers advice concerning preparation and dealing with an IRS examination. Knowing specialization programs; Risks entailed in delaying examination; Treating all IRS employees with courtesy regardless of their actions.
- The IRS examination and collection process. Blattner, David G. // CPA Journal;Aug95, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the examination and collection process of the US Internal Revenue Service. Appointment; Scope of the audit; Consideration of the economic reality of the taxpayer's situation; Importance of communication and cooperation; Payment schemes; Problems and delays; Notice of federal tax...
- Assuring Individual Taxpayer Compliance: Audit Rates, Selection Methods, And Electronic Auditing. Cecil, H. Wayne; Morris, Edwin B.; Barth, Richard M. // CPA Journal;Dec98, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p60
Focuses on ways of assuring taxpayer compliance in the United States. Auditing rates; Use of electronic auditing; Compliance strategies of the US Internal Revenue Service.
- IRS ANNOUNCES PILOT PROGRAM FOR PREFILING AGREEMENTS FOR LARGE BUSINESS TAXPAYERS. // CPA Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p11
Deals with the program of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for prefiling agreements for large business taxpayers. Purpose of the program; Number of large business taxpayers the IRS will select for the program; Details on the program.