WEEKLY MEETINGS NEAR ALBANY: School taps local hospital for nutritional guidance
- LESS ON SUGAR, MORE ON CARB-COUNTS: NY Hosp. reworks diabetic diets. // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the system of counting carbohydrates instead of restricting sugar for diabetics at Glens Falls Hospital in New York. Benefits of diabetic patients from the system; Approximate percentage of patients in the hospital who are diabetic.
- TO ENCOURAGE PARTICIPATION: Middle school adds courtyard. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the opening of a courtyard food service and serving lines at Carmer Valley Middle School in Del Mar, California. Features of the Bobcat Grr...ill cafeteria; Entrees offered; Price range of entrees.
- Relay For Life. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/11/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p4C
The article announces the public invitation to participate in decorating the luminarias of Barton Middle School cafeteria in Hays County, Texas on May 11, 2011
- Continental breakfasts lift hosp. patient scores. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p14
States that continental breakfasts and bedside palm-top ordering have been introduced at Glens Falls Hospital in New York, New York. Objectives of the system; Patient satisfaction on the use of the system; Advantages of palm-tops on waste-control; Content of the continental breakfast menu.
- SALES UP IN INDIANA: Students embrace grab-n-go format. // FoodService Director;1/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on the grab-n-go foodcourt of the Custer Baker Middle School in Franklin, Indiana. Description of the foodcourt; Items included in the menu served by the foodcourt; Benefits of the foodcourt to students; Effort of the school's foodservice team to gather ideas on design and operation of...
- National Diabetes Study. Zipes, Douglas // Medical Update;2004, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the launch of the Schools Tackle Activity, Nutrition and Diabetes Prevention program aimed at determining whether changes in physical education activities and cafeteria food selections can prevent diabetes at Selma Middle School in North Carolina. Participants of the study; Plan of...
- The Edible Schoolyard. Rauber, Paul // Sierra;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on the Edible Schoolyard project, a garden and school lunch program at the Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School in Berkeley, California. Concept behind the project; Community participation; Benefits for school children.
- On assignment. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;5/01/96, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p20
Focuses on the Berkeley Middle School lunchroom in Berkeley County, South Carolina. French fries as unifying factor; Lunchroom as a reflection of school life; Other functions served by the lunchroom; Social ties established; Sample menu.
- Retooling SCHOOL LUNCH. Bower, Amanda; Chu, Jeff // Time;6/12/2006, Vol. 167 Issue 24, p84
This article discusses school-run cafeterias that are under pressure from parents, health officials and legislators to serve wholesome foods in the battle against childhood obesity. Across the U.S., administrators are banning deep-fat fryers and soda company products from cafeteria kitchens....