MarketCapsule: SOMETHING TASTY IN THE AIR
- Hotproducts. // Travel Agent;8/8/94, Vol. 272 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on new services from American Airlines and Midwest Express Airlines. American Airlines' nonstop service from Denver, Colorado to Miami, Florida; Midwest's stickerless frequent-flyer program.
- More airline food upgrades. // Food Management;Jul97, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p18
Announces American Airlines' allocated budget for the expansion of its coach food choices. Improvements in passengers' food choices.
- Eat and fly... // Consumers' Research Magazine;May95, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p7
Reports on an article in `The Washington Post' newspaper about American Airlines' testing of a meal cost-cutting system that allows passengers to grab their in-flight meals at the gate before boarding their flights. Menu offered for short-haul trips; Streamlining of the airline's distribution...
- American launches $6M catering upgrade. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/26/97, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p18
Discloses plans of American Airlines to allocate funds for quality improvement and variety of food on its domestic flights.
- American's new in-flight meal strategy lifts off. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;3/20/95, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p7
Reports that American Airlines Inc. is expanding its `Bistro' service which allows travelers on short flights to pick up prepackaged meals from coolers as they board the plane. Routes which will offer the service; Aim to cut costs; Decline of food bill as a result of `Bistro'; Food service...
- No food on short flts. // Travel Daily;8/8/2014, p6
The article informs that American Airlines will no longer offer meals to passengers in premium cabins on short flights that last less than two hours and forty-five minutes.
- American Airlines, CUC offer AAdvantages to diners. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;1/16/95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the launching of a frequent dining program for business travelers by American Airlines and CUC International. Promotion mechanics; Operator requirements; Customer demographics; Remarks by restaurateurs.
- With Pizzeria Uno: American Airlines goes deep-dish. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the addition of Pizzeria Uno's deep-dish pizza to the international flights of American Airlines in July 1999. Pizza flavors served by the airlines.
- The Drinks Are on American. // Business Traveler;Mar2012, p10
The article reports on the move of American Airlines Inc. on adding complimentary beer and wines to its in-flight beverage service on international flights.