Psion, Motorola Go Separate Ways
- Psion Joins the WAP Forum to Support Wireless Content Delivery. // Telephone IP News;Jan2000, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
Reports that Psion has joined the WAP Forum, an open global forum founded by Ericsson, Motorola, Nokia and Phone.Com.
- Motorola, Psion Ink Pact. // Electronic News;02/07/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p44
Focuses on the partnership formed by Motorola Inc. with Psion PLC. Purpose of the partnership; Terms of the contract.
- Is Symbian OK? Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;4/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p1
Speculates on the negative condition of Symbian Ltd., a maker of operating systems (OS) for a number of wireless devices. Decision of Psion plc, a stakeholder of the company, to drop its plans to build a smart phone using the Symbian OS; Move of Motorola Inc., another stakeholder of the company,...
- Teledesic may replace Motorola as prime contractor. // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p173
Reports the probability of the termination of the system agreement between Motorola Inc. as prime network contractor for Teledesic Corp. in Washington.
- Motorola to join Symbian venture. // RCR;11/02/98, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p29
Focuses on Motorola Inc.'s agreement to become a shareholder in the Symbian joint venture among Psion Software, L.M. Ericsson and Nokia Corp. Goal of joint venture.
- Firms find their appetites for acquisitions. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;11/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p5
Deals with the increased acquisition activity in the wireless communications market in 2003. Comments from Herschel Shosteck, chairman of the Shosteck Group; Nature of the acquisition activities; Aim of Motorola Incorporated's acquisition of XtremeSpectrum Inc.; Speculation surrounding Nokia...
- Psion exits smart-phone space. Dano, Mike // Global Wireless;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p19
Reports on the plan of Psion to focus on industrial wireless area network and local area network products instead of consumer devices in 2001. Relevance of the plan to the termination of a contract between the company and Motorola; Factors that led to the decision of the company; Impact of the...
- Motorola to exit Symbian alliance to focus on Java. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR Wireless News;9/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p3
Reports on the move of Motorola to exit its operating system venture with Symbian. Information on the procedures conducted by Nokia Corp. and Psion plc to transfer Motorola's shares in Symbian to Nokia and Psion; Remarks from Scott Durchlag, corporate vice president of Motorola's Personnal...
- Motorola's Symbian share transfer to Nokia, Psion complete. // RCR Wireless News;10/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p14
Reports the completion of a stake purchase deal between Nokia Corp. and Motorola Inc. in October 2003. Percentage of Symbian's shares acquired by Nokia under the deal; Shares purchased by Psion PLC; Impact of the transaction on Motorola.