DoCoMo-Sony Venture Not Child's Play
- Smartcard boost for m-commerce. Clark, Robert // Wireless Asia;11/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the joint venture forged by Sony Corp. and NTT DoCoMo Inc. in 2003, for the development of smartcard chips for cellular handsets. Integrating of Sony's FeliCa countactless technology with handsets and license it to chip manufacturers; Background on the technology; Implications for the...
- NTT DoCoMo, AOL reported to be in joint venture. // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p2
Reports on the rumored agreement between NTT DoCoMo and America Online Inc. for form a joint venture.
- 3Com/NTT DoCoMo Advance Wireless Data Services In Japan. // Telephone IP News;Jul99, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p8
Announces that 3Com Corp. has formed technical and business alliance with NTT Mobile Communications Network Inc. to develop wireless services for the Palm Computing Platform. Plans for the wireless services; Objectives of the joint venture.
- NTT DoCoMo may seek U.S. partners. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;08/28/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the plan of NTT DoCoMo to enter into a wireless joint venture in the United States. Background of the company; Speculation on a deal with America Online Inc.; Information on the business operations of NTT DoCoMo in Japan.
- GLOBAL ISSUE/WAP ADVERTISING. Fitzpatrick, Michael // Campaign;06/09/2000, Issue 23, p24
Reports that advertising agency, Dentsu has created a joint venture with mobile internet services, NTT DoCoMo to handle advertising on WAP phones. Functions of the joint venture, D2 Communications; Capabilities of the i-mode system of NTT; Potentials of mobile phones in the Japanese market.
- GTE, NTT complete roaming gateway. // RCR;01/12/98, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the completion by GTE Telecommunication Services Incorporated (Inc.) and NTT Mobile Communications Network Inc. of the installation of roaming gateways. Significance of the gateways; Information on GlobalRoam.
- i-mode destined for Europe? // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p115
Reports the investment of NTT DoCoMo to deploy i-mode mobile Internet services in Great Britain. Joint venture of the company with Hutchison Whampoa; Intentions of expanding services in France, Germany and Belgium; Popularity of the i-mode service in Japan.
- AOL, DoCoMo dissolve joint venture. // RCR Wireless News;12/22/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 51/52, p13
Reports on the termination of the joint venture between Internet company America Online Inc. and wireless data communications firm NTT DoCoMo Inc. as of December 2003. Amount acquired by NTT on the sale of its stake in the venture; Businesses that have sold their shares of the venture; Details...
- Nissan teams up with telematics giant in Japan. Treece, James B. // Automotive News;2/25/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5972, p23
Reports the joint ventures between Nissan Motor Co. and NTT DoCoMo Inc. to develop multimedia services for cars in Tokyo, Japan. Creation of telematic services; Plans to offer inexpensive telematics services; Provision of navigation and information to drivers.