Opinions Vary Over Ericsson's Outsourcing Of Handsets
- Ericsson to outsource handset production. Evers, Joris; Williams, Martyn // InfoWorld;02/12/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p56A
Reports that Singapore-based Flextronics International Inc. will take over Ericsson AB facilities in Brazil, Malaysia, Sweden and the United Kingdom and in parts of its United States plant in Lynchburg, Virginia. Estimated number of Ericsson employees who will join Flextronics; Reduction in the...
- Ericsson Outsources Phones. // Wireless Week;01/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the decision of Ericsson to outsource its mobile telephone manufacturing to Flextronics of Singapore and to assign design works to Taiwanese manufacturer GVC. Implication of the move; Market outlook for the company's consumer products division.
- All Aboard the EMS Express. Levine, Bernard; Elliott, Heidi // Electronic News;02/05/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p1
Reports that original equipment manufacturers are turning over production to electronic manufacturing services (EMS) companies as of February 2001. Decision of Ericsson to turn over its cellphone production to Flextronics International Ltd.; Status of the EMS business.
- Motorola Outsourcing Expands. // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p1
Focuses on the contracting out agreement of Motorola with Flextronics Ltd. Terms of the agreement.
- Motorola Outsources Its Manufacturing. // Quality;Oct2000, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the outsourcing agreement signed by Schaumburg, Illinois-based Motorola Inc. with San Jose, California-based Flextronics International Inc., an electronics manufacturing services company. Aim of the deal; Comments from Gray Benoist of Motorola; Flextronics' quality program.
- Motorola inks $30 billion alliance with Flextronics. April, Carolyn A. // InfoWorld;06/05/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p14
Focuses on the five-year outsourcing deal signed by Motorola with Flextronics International. Expectations of Motorola from the deal; Terms of the agreement.
- Late News. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;4/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p1
States that the company Alcatel signed a memorandum of understanding to outsource the European manufacturing of its GSM cellular phone handsets to Flextronics. Strategy of Alcatel; Discussions on the possible merger of Alcatel with Lucent Technologies Inc.; Financial condition of Alcatel.
- Wireless phone fumbles. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p22
Discusses the problems of wireless phone companies. Profit margins of Motorola; Sales rating of Ericsson; Plan of Motorola to outsource production to Flextronics International and de-emphasize lower-margin phones.
- Outsourcing's Rising Stars. Carr, Jim // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p32
Deals with how electronics manufacturing service companies benefit on the way handset makers outsource their production of mobile telephones. Details on the case of Flextronics and Celestica; Positive effect of outsourcing deals to the industry; Various comments on the matter.