Visibility Poor, But Nokia Still Sees Opportunity
- Nokia Rocks Boat With New WAP Browser. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;08/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p18
Reports that the Finnish handset manufacturer, Nokia is licensing the source code to its Wireless Application Protocol browser. Reason for the move; Reaction of industry observers; Other handset manufacturer pondering similar move.
- Nokia launches telematic units. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p92
Reports launching of the automotive telematic units of Smart Traffic Products division of Nokia Corp. in Helsinki, Finland.
- Nokia Keeps Eye On 40%. // Wireless Week;05/07/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p1
Reports that Nokia Corp. still could meet its global handset market share. Nokia's market share in the first quarter of 2001.
- Nokia Spins Another Web Layer. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p12
Reports on the Web site of the United States (US) mobile phone division of Nokia Corp. which is dedicated to phones and accessories available to customers in the US. Use of a picture of supermodel Niki Taylor in the Web site; Why Nokia decided to split off products for the US market from its...
- LEADING THE FIELD IN FINANCIALS. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;08/21/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 13, p77
Focuses on the financial management of Nokia Corp., a mobile-phone producer and a best-managed company according to `IndustryWeek.' Market capitalization of the company in 1999; Profits, sales and earnings of the company in 1999; Factors that contributed to the success of Nokia.
- Nokia looks for additional market share in 2001. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p105
Reports on the plans of Finnish equipment maker Nokia Corp. to capture 50 percent of the worldwide mobile-phone market. Increase in market share in 2000; Investment in research and development; Efforts to increase loyalty through Club Nokia.
- Bright Is Right. RAJAN, NANDAGOPAL // Business Today;6/9/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p118
The article presents information on the marketing strategy of Nokia Corp., a manufacturer of mobile phones, that relies on performance of the device.
- Nokia and Strategic Agility: A Postscript. Doz, Yves; Kosonen, Mikko // California Management Review;Summer2011, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p154
A letter to the editor is provided in response to the article "The Dynamics of Strategic Agility: Nokiaâ€™s Rollercoaster Experience,â€ by Yves Doz and Mikko Kosonen in the 50/3 issue published in the Spring 2009.
- What's the winning model? Wilson, Carol // Inter@ctive Week;02/14/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p54
Comments on the business models used by start-up companies in the computer network equipment industry. Services offered by competitive local exchange carriers; Introduction of Intelligent Bandwidth services by MCI WorldCom in January 2000.