Net Giants Push Mobile Plays
- Little to Yahoo About For Investors, Admen. Hein, Kenneth; Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;6/17/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 24, pS76
Focuses on the marketing aspects of the Web industry in the U.S.. Range of media or advertising campaigns supporting AOL Time Warner Inc.; Information on the TrueSwitch technology offering of MSN; Partnership deals made by Yahoo! Inc. for its promotion efforts; Strategies in advertising that...
- AOL strengthens Amazon bond. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/24/2001, Vol. 369 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the multimillion-dollar purchase of Amazon.com shares by AOL Time Warner's America Online unit. Background information in the marketing relationship between the two Internet entities; Terms of the deal; Analysts' assessment of the deal; Significance of the purchase for Amazon.com's...
- FAILED PROMISES, REVOLT IN DIGITAL WORLD. Lundquist, Eric // eWeek;1/28/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p5
Comments on the impact of Bluetooth printing on wireless technology. Details on the antitrust lawsuit filed against Microsoft Corp.; Plans of Netscape Communications to acquire Red Hat; Emergence of competition between Microsoft and Ameria Online Time Warner Inc. open-source products.
- Wireless strategy evolves. // InfoWorld;11/19/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p28
Features several wireless initiatives introduced at the 2001 Comdex Fall exhibition in Las Vegas, Nevada. Partnership between Sony and AOL Time Warner to develop networking gateway technologies; Technologies launched by Intel for use in wireless devices; Softwares for wireless local area...
- AS '02 ENDS, ECONOMY BEGINS TO DIG ITSELF OUT. Williamson, Debra Aho // Advertising Age;11/5/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 45, ps1
The article focuses on the unexpected developments in the advertising industry in 2002. The end of Amazon.com came in September 2002 when eBay acquired all 6,400 of the company's properties and Wal-Mart Stores bought Amazon's remaining warehouse, its customer service operations and inventory....
- Amazon.com Expands Wireless Presence. Smith, Hilary // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p34
Reports on the plans of Amazon.com Inc. to increase its presence in the wireless communication market in the United States. Launching of a Web site for mobile electronic commerce customers; Partnership established by the firm with wireless providers.
- Amazon.com starts auction. // RCR;09/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p3
Features the wireless auction service launched by Amazon.com Inc. to monitor the transactions of users.
- Virtual Bookshelves Enter The Ether. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/11/99, Vol. 5 Issue 41, p7
Focuses on the wireless Internet technology launched by Amazon.com for its electronic commerce business. Purpose of launching the technology; Participation of the company in the Wireless Application Protocol Forum in October 1999; Other services offered by the company.
- Amazon launches mobile-phone store. // RCR Wireless News;12/4/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p41
Reports on Amazon.com Inc.'s launch of a wireless telephone store on its Web site, providing background information, pricing and shopping comparison services for online shoppers of wireless devices.