Toshiba Enters Wi-Fi Market With WLAN Products
- High-Rate Ethernet: Bandwidth Without Wires. Provencio, Ron // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p74
Focuses on a proposed extension of the specification of IEEE 802.11b Wireless Ethernet or WiFi, as an alternative to traditional wired home networking. Doubled data rate due to modulation and equalization technology; Coding gain; Improved robustness against background noise and multipath...
- Optical Wireless Technology Bumps LANs To 100 Mbits/s. Frenzel, Louis E. // Electronic Design;06/04/2001, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p32
Reports on the potential of optical wireless communications technology for 100-Mbit/s Ethernet wireless local area networks (LAN). Benefits of wireless optical techniques; Function of optical wireless link; Advantages of 802.11b Ethernet wireless LAN standard.
- Shop talk. Hochmuth, Phil; Fontana, John // Network World;7/7/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p36
Focuses on the adoption of Ethernet and wireless networks by manufacturing companies. Integration of factory infrastructure with corporate networks; Benefits and advantages of using wireless technologies; Application of product life-cycle management technology. INSETS: What else is hot?;Fact...
- Students of the world. // Communications News;Dec96, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p52
Presents information on how the Dorothy Thomas School in Hillsborough County, Florida and the Neodesha High School in Kansas are using wireless network for the faculty members and students. Advantages of using the wireless network in educational system; Where the wireless Ethernet network of...
- The time to cut the cord is almost here. VIZARD, MICHAEL // InfoWorld;02/22/99, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p5
Focuses on the changes caused by the development of wireless Ethernet technology with an 11megabytes (Mbps) Ethernet standard. Reason for limited applications of wireless technology; Benefits of meetings on the standard; Disadvantage the standard.
- 802.11 AD, THE NEXT EVOLUTION. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Mar2013, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p67
The article evaluates the 802.11ad devices from Wireless Gigabit Alliance.
- The Case for Optical Ethernet. Qing Wang, Charlie // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Sep2001, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p55
Examines the capabilities of Ethernet wireless access technology. Cost advantages of Ethernet-based wide area networks; Advantages provided by fiber networking to data-intensive networks; Benefits provided by Ethernet's increased density to wireless communication industry.
- CONTROL ENGINEERING research. // Control Engineering;Mar2015, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p18
Results of the findings of several studies conducted by the journal in 2014 are presented including the Cyber Security Study, the System Integration Study, and the Mobility, Ethernet, and Wireless Study.
- Network evolution at turning point. Gibson, Stan // PC Week;09/13/99, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p91
Focuses on major topological transformations being undergone by computer networks. Virtual private networks; Bandwidth; Gigabit Ethernet; Wireless networks.