Next Stop For Health Debates: Hearings On Capitol Hill?
- Historic Senate Hearing on Children's Oral Health. // Access;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on the legislative hearing on the oral health for children in the U.S. Emphasis of the title of the hearing; Opening statement of the hearing; Effective measures for the prevention or delay of the progression of dental health problems.
- Ways to reform tax policies collide in House hearings. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;04/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p6
Focuses on a legislative hearing in the United States aimed at settling disputes on reforming tax policies for mobile telephones and the Internet. Points of contention; Importance of establishing a legislative bill to regulate taxing jurisdictions in the country.
- Berwick avoids grilling before Finance panel. Pecquet, Julian // Hill;11/18/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 120, p16
The article reports on the U.S. Senate Finance Committee's hearing on the healthcare reform in 2010 in which Medicare Administrator Don Berwick makes a strong case for the law.
- Sheriff Dart to Testify in Congressional Hearing on Mental Illness. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;4/2/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on Thomas J. Dart, sheriff of Cook County, Illinois, who testified in a Congressional hearing held in the Rayburn House Office Building in Washington, D.C. on March 26, 2014 regarding the broken mental health system of the nation.
- Does OSHA Adequately Enforce Construction Safety Rules? // Occupational Hazards;Jul2008, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on the House Committee on Education and Labor hearing on the role of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) in enforcing construction safety rules in the U.S. Legislators and industry experts questioned the effort of OSHA to improve safety at construction sites....
- Education : the key to understanding process change. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Oct2006, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p64
The article recalls the educational trip of the students of Georgetown University Healthcare Leadership Institute to Capitol Hill. The trip started with a lunch at the Capitol Hill Club and a forum with Congresswoman Nancy Johnson regarding healthcare reform. The healthcare students witnessed a...
- Congress needs to comprehend e-waste crisis. // Waste & Recycling News;7/11/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p0008
The article focuses on the necessity of legislative bills in the U.S. Congress that address the health and environmental problem of electronic (e)-waste in the country. It says that Congress should hold a hearing to understand the problems from all concerns including e-waste exporters, recyclers...
- Cost And Access Issues Will Push 2004 Health Insurance Agenda. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/5/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p50
Reports that the U.S. health insurance industry is expecting congressional debate on private insurance for 2004. Issues on cost and access to be addressed by the American Association of Health Plans and Health Insurance Association of America (AAHP-HIAA); Associations' support for a targeted...
- Campaign for Safe Cosmetics: Industry Influence Dominates Historic Hearing on Toxic Cosmetics. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;4/25/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the first Congressional hearing on personal care products and cosmetics safety convened by the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee in response to the recent scandals in cosmetics and hair care products.