Qualcom Stirs Up New Brew
- The ex-professor's high wireless act. Holstein, William J. // U.S. News & World Report;05/08/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 18, p38
Focuses on Qualcomm and its founder and chief executive officer, Irwin Jacobs. Success of the company in wireless communications technology; Market value, earnings and investments; Qualcomm's interest in code division multiple access (CDMA) technology; Resistance to CDMA in Europe. INSET: San...
- Qualcomm: Innovation is part of our culture. Reynolds, Melanie // Electronics Weekly;6/13/2007, Issue 2292, p18
The article focuses on innovation as an important factor in Qualcomm Inc.'s business activity in San Diego, California. This is manifested by the numerous patents it has received though not of all them have been profitable. Sanjay Jha, Qualcomm chief operating officer, reveals that their main...
- Specialization And Innovation Mark New Chips. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p14A
Contends that the status quo in the wireless industry may change irrevocably as other Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) manufacturers try to free themselves from dependence on Qualcomm. Panoply of players in the CDMA market; Horizontal trends in the CDMA market; Legitimacy of the...
- Qualcomm develops open platform. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p5
Reports that Qualcomm Inc. has developed an open, CDMA-based technology that will allow third-party users to write applications for mobile phones from a variety of vendors.
- Getting Back To Producing IPRs. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;11/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p12
Reports that Qualcomm Inc. has created the unit, Qualcomm Ventures to support the adoption of code division multiple access and drive the usage of the wireless Internet. Why Qualcomm decided to spin off the chip business; Product that would fit Qualcomm's funding strategy; Company's original...
- Qualcomm drops CDMA handsets. Palenchar // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/20/99, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p44
Reports on Qualcomm's plan to sell its CDMA wireless communications equipment business in the United States. Reasons for the company's decision; Implications for the CDMA wireless communications market in the US.
- Qualcomm: Its a never ending story of success. Siedsma // San Diego Business Journal;11/08/99, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p1
Focuses on San Diego, California-based wireless communications firm Qualcomm Inc. Company background; Company's adoption of the code division multiple access mobile telephone technology; Focus on company chief executive officer Irwin Jacobs.
- Licensing nightmare. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;11/20/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 21, p76
Reports on the licensing problems faced by telecommunication vendors as they prepare to construct wideband-code division multiple access systems, a third generation (3G) technology standard. Patent standoff between Qualcomm and Ericsson; Remarks from Hermon Pon, chief technology officer at the...
- A locked door. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p12
Comments on the efforts of Qualcomm Inc. to introduce its code division multiple access (CDMA) technology in Europe. Development of the wireless CDMA; Investment of Qualcomm for the technology; Carriers acquired by Qualcomm.