Nokia Shifts U.S. Jobs
- Gates plant to lay off 54. // Rubber & Plastics News;11/26/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p3
Reports the retrenchment of workers at Gates Rubber Co. in Denver, Colorado. Relocation of company site; Reasons behind the movement of production sites of Gates.
- Late News. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p1
Reports that Finland-based mobile phone maker Nokia Corp. is shifting some of its manufacturing in North Texas to South Korea and Mexico.
- NOKIA TO CUT 10,000 JOBS AFTER WEAK SECOND QUARTER. // Eastern Worker;May2012, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p31
The article reports that loss-making Finnish cellphone maker Nokia plans to cut another 10,000 jobs globally on its biggest restructuring in history, as of June 2012.
- Can Nokia Save $2B by the End of 2013? Noto, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2013, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the goal of Nokia Corp. to save $2 billion by the end of 2013 by streamlining its operations and reducing about 10,000 jobs.
- UK avoids worst of Nokia job cull. // Electronics Weekly;8/14/2002, Issue 2064, p10
Reports on the commitment of British operations at Nokia Networks to avoid the 900 global job losses as of August 2002. Factors which affected infrastructure operations; Plans for job reduction.
- NOKIA STAFF CUTS. // Total Telecom+;May2012, p4
The article reports on the plans of telecommunications company Nokia to transfer 3,000 of its staff and to cut an additional 4,000 jobs by the end of 2012 to reduce its operating expenses.
- Nokia cuts 50 R&D positions. // RCR Wireless News;3/15/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p28
Reports on the 50 job positions cut by Nokia Corp. at its research and development facility in Texas. Reason for the layoff implemented by the company according to Nokia Spokeswoman Laurie Armstrong.
- Nokia to Slash 10,000 Jobs, Shut Facilities. // Dataquest;7/15/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p84
The article reports on the plan of Nokia Corp. to reduce up to 10,000 jobs worldwide by the end of 2013.
- Untitled. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/29/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p1
Reports the relocation of Chipper Snax Inc. in Salt Lake City, Utah. Plans of the company to combine various operations into one leased space; Projections on the market performance of the company; Cost of the leased space; Details on the downsizing plans of the company.