Weathering The Storm
- The Shoes Fit. // Wireless Review;12/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p26
Presents a list of the top 10 telecommunication companies in the United States in 2000. Verizon Wireless; Cingular Wireless; AT&T Wireless; Sprint PCS. INSET: With Leadership Comes Responsibility.
- Competitors gain from high sub losses at AWS. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p3
Deals with the advantages of the loss of customers of AT&T Wireless Services (AWS) to other wireless phone companies. Reason for the loss of customers of AWS; Customer growth of Cingular Wireless from the first quarter of 2003; Benefits of the troubles of AWS to Sprint PCS.
- Season Rings In New Tones. // Wireless Week;12/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p37
Reports on the cellular telephone service providers in the United States which launched ring tones and graphics for the 2001 holiday season. Sprint PCS; AT&T Wireless; Cingular Wireless.
- Dropped calls. Tran, Muoi // Fortune;9/15/2003, Vol. 148 Issue 5, p36
Presents a chart showing the performance of various cellular telephone companies as of September 2003. AT&T Wireless; Cingular; Nextel; Sprint PCS; T-Mobile; Verizon Wireless; Number of customers.
- U.S. LAGS BEHIND. Elkin, Tobi // Advertising Age;12/2/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 48, p12
The article reports on the adoption of inter-carrier messaging in the United States by six providers, AT& Wireless, Cingular Wireless, Nextel, Sprint PCS, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless. Statistics indicate that the United States lags behind those countries in Europe in terms of the usage of text...
- Why Mass Consolidation Won't Happen This Year. Wickham, Rhonda // Wireless Week;2/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p4
Offers views on mass consolidation in the U.S. wireless communication industry. Opinion on the merger of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Cingular Wireless LLC; Probable impact of the consolidation of Vodafone Group PLC and Verizon Inc.; Plans of Sprint PCS' wireless division for its customer...
- Service Costs Remain Flat. // Wireless Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p20
Reports on the average cost of wireless service in the U.S. in November 2003. Reduction in the minutes included in the call plan of AT&T Wireless; Consequence in the alteration of the plans and promotions of Cingular Wireless and Verizon Wireless; Percentage of decline in the cost of Sprint...
- Carrier Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;3/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p18
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of March 22, 2004 in the U.S. Deployment of Phase I Enhanced 911 service for Cellular One customers in South Dakota by Western Wireless Corp.; Availability of QuietSpot headsets from Shure Inc. to Sprint PCS customers; Certification...
- MERGER, SHE WROTE. Ankeny, Jason // Telephony;4/22/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 16, p23
Comments on the rumored merger of AT&T Wireless and Cingular which did not materialize. Effect of the speculation on both companies' stocks; Implications of the publicity.