Job Well Done
- AND REDUCED ACCIDENTS: Baton Rouge schools provide incentives to motivate staff. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the employee incentive programs in the school food service department of the East Baton Rouge Parish in Louisiana to help recruit and retain quality employees. Remarks from Gail Johnson, food service director; Incentive awards; Salary incentives for managers.
- A Reason Not to Eat Out. Gluckman, Amy // Dollars & Sense;Nov/Dec2010, Issue 291, p4
The article reports on the results of a survey in the U.S. which revealed that over 63% of food workers were working while sick.
- Did you know? // Australian Hotelier;Mar2008, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p7
The article reports that an unnamed bartender in Melbourne, Victoria received severe sanctions for serving a customer Pine-o-Cleen disinfectant as a practical joke. This incident reportedly transpired in 2007. The unnamed bartender was fined $3,000, lost her retirement savings account (RSA),...
- Industry of Choice: If you treat workers fairly, they will stay. Howard, Theresa // Nation's Restaurant News;03/24/97, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p42
Discusses the findings of the `Industry of Choice' survey that sought to identify and contrast foodservice workers' behavior and attitudes, including rate issues that drive employee satisfaction. Comparison of the foodservice workforce against the total American workforce; Discussion of study...
- FOOD WORKERS MOST IN NEED OF JAVA. // Specialty Coffee Retailer;Nov2012, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p6
The article offers information about an online survey conducted by CareerBuilder.com which informs that the Foodservice workers are the most caffeinated occupation.
- Job Perceptions of Citizenship Behavior and Deviance: Musings from Behind the Bar. Curtis, Catherine R. // FIU Hospitality Review;Spring2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p23
The purpose of this research was to examine bartender workplace behavior. This study begins with a review of the literature pertaining to the job of bartending, and positive work behavior (citizenship) and negative (deviant) workplace behavior. Data was collected by semi-structured interview....
- Serving Seniors. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p36
The article offers information on senior dining trends in the U.S. based on a survey of food service directors. Respondents are seeing less desire for formal dining and more of a focus on casual dining. Along with seniors wanting more choices, directors also note residents, particularly the...
- CHART poll finds retention rate improved as turnover drops 40%. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;9/22/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 38, p5
Presents a survey on the effect of the economic condition and change in attitude of employees on the food service industry according to findings by the Council of Hotel and Restaurant Trainers in the U.S. Percentage of annual average turnover rate for managers; Determination of employee...
- IN 2001: Pay's up 3.2%, gender-gap widens again. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p47
Reveals results of the industrial survey conducted in the U.S. food service industry in 2001. Comparison on the salary trend for men and women food service employees; Demography of food service directors; Key issue and challenge facing survey respondents.