- U-WI Opens New Dining Hall. // Food Management;Dec2007, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p13
The article reports that the University of Wisconsin in Madison has opened Rheta, a renovated dining hall at Chadbourne Residential College. The new eatery, which was named for Rheta McCutchin, the former director of residential dining, features six stations which include Kosher that has kosher...
- Univ. of Richmond cuts back-of-house. // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the renovation of the Heilman Dining Center of the University of Richmond in Virginia. The renovation reduced back-of-house space by 50% with a host of new serving stations and an emphasis on cooking to order. The expansion of the size of the scatter-system servery and the...
- Supporting the Mission. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jun2006, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p44
The article reports on the quality of the foodservice operation at Villanova University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The university has a network of campus dining outlets known for their quality and creativity. The meal options meet the evolving student needs while preserving the financial...
- DINING CHOICES INCREASE AT UConn. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p46
Features food service at the University of Connecticut in Storrs. Variety of food service outlets; Marketplace-style dining halls that form the core of board dining; Dining units in residence complexes; Coffeeshops. INSETS: Running a Kosher Station;A Cumbersome--lf Cozy--Tradition;Expanded...
- Fresh Start at Shively. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the renovated Shively Court, formerly the Shively Dining Hall at the Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. It states that a number of Shively's team members worked to a great extent to come up with ideas that would correspond to the trends in the industry. It also offers...
- Feeding campus night owls. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the growing number of food service operations in universities and colleges across the United States, that are extending service hours for late-night dining. Impact of extended service hours on college/university dining services department; Staffing challenges associated with late...
- STUDENTS POINT BROWSERS TO FOOD: Online ordering clicks in CA colleges. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p11
Provides information on the online ordering services available to students and university food service departments in southern California. Information on Earl's: The Online Experience at the University of California-San Diego; Room service at the University of Southern California.
- IT'S IN THE DRINK. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the trends in food service at various colleges and universities in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Food category with the largest portion of sales.
- ORDERING FOOD AT KIOSKS: Tampa students get in touch. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the popularity of Grill Online, a touch-screen kiosk food ordering system at the University of Tampa's Spartan Club in Florida as of February 15, 2003. Weekly sales at Grill Online; Features of Grill Online; Variety of food being offered at the kiosk.