- Labor, Labor, Labor. // FoodService Director;11/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p8
The article identifies labor as the biggest challenge faced by the foodservice industry, according to a panel of hospital foodservice directors at the Conference of the National Society of Healthcare Foodservice Management. Susan Barraclough of Mass General Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts says...
- If your products contain trans fats, get ready to explain why. Boss, Donna L. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/27/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p40
The article focuses on the results of a survey conducted by the Center for Science in the Public Interest, which found that most hospitals serve foods with partially hydrogenated oil to its staff and visitors in the U.S. Of the 12 institutions surveyed, Massachusetts General Hospital's were the...
- FACING EXTINCTIONâ€¦. // Personnel Today;3/13/2007, p6
The article presents a contest for employers which requires them to give suggestions on creating smoke free and healthy environment for their staff.
- Signposts on the way to a healthier lifestyle. Esola, Louise // Business Insurance;4/9/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p14
The article reports that the Mammoth Lakes hospital in California added symbols next to items listed on its cafeteria menu as part of its evolving employee wellness program. About 300 people are on Mammoth Hospital's staff in the small ski town in central California. It is estimated that the...
- Encourage your employees to get out and walk. Ellzey, Ken // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/18/2011, Issue 324310, p34
The author discusses how employers can encourage employees to exercise for physical fitness.
- Improving workplace fitness. // Office Professional;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p1
The article offers tips on how to promote a healthy lifestyle in the workplace which include the practice of walk-and-talk meetings, establishment of on site-fitness activity, and encouragement of healthy diet.
- THE FITNESS EDGE IN BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY. Keelor, Richard O. // Management Review;Jun85, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p53
Focuses on the employee health and fitness issues for U.S. employers. Measurement and modification of risk; Role of exercise; Model employee health and fitness programs; Success factors.
- Perk life. Rigby, Rhymer // Management Today;Mar2000, p22
Reports on the variety of exercise programs offered to factory workers by a company with an on-site fitness center at Walton-on-Thames in England. Reasons of the company for offering exercise programs.
- One Hospital's Employee `Soul Care' Strategy. ALLYN, SUSAN; ANDERSON, COLEEN P. // Creative Nursing;1998, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p7
Discusses Taking Care of Self (TCOS), a program designed to provide employees at hospital with activities that promote healing and wellness. Intention; Importance of the practice of self-care; Structure of its sessions.