Open for Business
- Virginia Tech Plans Latest Eatery for Fall '12 Opening. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;3/16/2012, p1
The article reports on the plan of Virginia Tech to open its newest dining hall, Turner Place, that will cost 33 million U.S. dollars in fall 2012 to be located on the academic side of its campus.
- Reusable Container Program Meets Health Department Rules. // FoodService Director;4/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the reusable container program of West End, one of the 11 dining halls of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia, that offers substitutes for foam to-go containers to further increase sustainability efforts across the campus.
- TARGETS $2.4 MIL. ANNUAL SALES: Virginia Tech unveils W. End market concept. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p18
Provides information on the West End Market of Virginia Tech University in Blacksburg, Virginia. Projected annual sales; Cash cards that can be used by customers; Six food stations of West End Market.
- RUN BY STUDENTS: Fine Dining unit open to students. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the Old Guard, a Fine Dining unit in Virginia Tech University in Blacksburg, Virginia located in the Donaldson Brown Hotel and Conference Center. Information on who runs the operations; Advantage of the dining unit to Hospitality and Tourism Management students; Menus offered.
- Virginia Tech Expands Popular West End Market. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;2/2/2012, p1
The article reports on the expansion in Virginia Tech's West End Market dining center. The expansion added 177 new seats, a loading dock and an area to collect used grease for recycling. Other improvements include public restrooms near the Fighting Gobbler Sports Lounge, staff offices, a larger...
- IS SCHOOL LUNCH BETTER THAN PACKED LUNCH? // FoodService Director;12/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the study conducted by the Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University in Blacksburg which suggests that school lunch provided in scools through the National School Lunch Program is nutritionally sound compared to those brought from home.
- FOOD COSTS DROP 15%: Va. Tech swaps Asian concepts. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p8
Announces the replacement of the Wok of the Town concept with Bowl Dynasty at Owens Foodcourt at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg. Advantages of the concept that was adopted; Prices of foods; Food choices available.
- Virginia Tech's big Gamble. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p50
Focuses on the renovation of a cafeteria at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia. Transformation of an all-you-can-eat style outlet into a marketplace-style eatery; Influences of Rich Melman's Foodlife in Chicago, Illinois; Three-pronged mission for the...
- AN FSD NEWSTRACK REPORT: VIRGINIA TECH CHEF SERIES HELPS NUTRITIONAL EFFORTS. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the efforts to introduce vegan and vegetarian entrees using seitan as the base ingredient at Virginia Polytechnic and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia. Web site launched by the university; Focus of the university's foodservice options; Features of the seitan meals.