North Carolina, Louisiana Not Sure on Electric Deregulation
- Electric utility deregulation. // Issues in Science & Technology;Summer2001, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p10
Comments on an article about the electric deregulation in the United States. Policy-related issues on electric deregulation; Issues concerning planning and design of electricity markets.
- The Market Dampened Deregulation's Benefits. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // Business News New Jersey;01/02/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p37
Focuses on the deregulation of New Jersey's electricity market. Major suppliers that are waiting for the price of electricity in the state to rise; Volatility of the wholesale market; Strong demand for and low supply of electricity; Other obstacles to the development of a competitive energy market.
- Illinois Senate bill makes big steps towards electric... Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;11/03/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30265, p9
Reports about Illinois Senate passing a bill that would deregulate its electric utility industry. Automatic rate reductions included in the bill; Issues not answered by the bill.
- New energy group targets big firms. Brennan, Peter // Orange County Business Journal;10/27/97, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p13
Focuses on Market Council on Retail Energy Development which aims to help large companies save money in the deregulation of electric utilities in California. Comments from Howard Spellman, director of energy management for Foodmaker Incorporated; Suggestions to companies.
- The nuances of power deregulation. Gegenheimer, Cheryl L. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Apr98, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on the proposal for national electric utility deregulation in the United States presented by Energy Secretary Federico Pena. Reason behind the initiation of federal legislation on deregulation; Proposed disclosure of fuel used by companies to generate electricity; Part of the...
- Pennsylvania benefited from California's early foray into deregulation. Hill, Tom // Electric Light & Power;Mar2001, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p4
Comments on the benefits reaped by Pennsylvania's electric utilities from the deregulated electric industry in California. Differences in deregulation agendas in California; Improvement of quality service and reliability in Pennsylvania's utilities following the deregulation in California.
- Consumers now shop for their energy suppliers. Sundaramoorthy // Business News New Jersey;01/04/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p49
Focuses on the impact of deregulation on electric utilities in New Jersey. Restructuring of Newark's PSEG; Decision of Morristown's GPU to leave the generation business; Effect of the merger of Conectiv with Delmarva. INSET: On the water front..
- Unnecessary Legislation. Schimmoller, Brian K. // Power Engineering;Jul99, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p3
Looks at the United States national deregulation bill on electricity. Components of the legislation; Impact of the bill to Montana and Washington electricity rates; Observations on the electric power industry.
- Dutch speed up market opening. // International Power Generation;Dec99/Jan2000, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p5
Reports that the Dutch Economics Ministry will seek to move forward the opening of the electricity market to small consumers and households in 2003 from the current 2007.