North Carolina, Louisiana Not Sure on Electric Deregulation
- Consumers now shop for their energy suppliers. Sundaramoorthy // Business News New Jersey;01/04/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p49
Focuses on the impact of deregulation on electric utilities in New Jersey. Restructuring of Newark's PSEG; Decision of Morristown's GPU to leave the generation business; Effect of the merger of Conectiv with Delmarva. INSET: On the water front..
- Unnecessary Legislation. Schimmoller, Brian K. // Power Engineering;Jul99, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p3
Looks at the United States national deregulation bill on electricity. Components of the legislation; Impact of the bill to Montana and Washington electricity rates; Observations on the electric power industry.
- Dutch speed up market opening. // International Power Generation;Dec99/Jan2000, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p5
Reports that the Dutch Economics Ministry will seek to move forward the opening of the electricity market to small consumers and households in 2003 from the current 2007.
- Up yours delays. Ockenden, James // International Power Generation;Jun2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p7
Comments on the European Union's (EU) call for work on deregulation of the electricity industries of member nations. France's decision to further delay electricity deregulation; Proposal regarding the greater unbundling of operational and accounting aspects; How Finland, Germany and Great...
- Calif.'s energy dereg bill: the law that backfired. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/18/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 20, p17B
Reports on the outcome of California's attempt at electric industry deregulation. Lack of competition for electricity customers; State's efforts to cope with rolling blackouts; Threat of bankruptcy facing Pacific Gas & Electric Co.; Reasons behind the apparent failure of California's...
- Consumers should be wary of securitization. Thierer, Adam D. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/09/98, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p4
No abstract available.
- Electric dereg lottery draws few players. Daniels, Steve // Crain's Chicago Business;06/07/99, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p1
Presents news update concerning the electricity deregulation in Illinois as of June 7, 1999. Application for the lottery to be held to determine the 33% midsized and small commercial and industrial customers that will be allowed to choose their power provider beginning October 1, 1999;...
- Electrically charged. Oken, Doreen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;04/19/99, Issue 322403, p16
Reports on big energy consumers' assessment of the competitive wholesale electricity market introduced in California in 1998. Fresno's account with PG&E; Comment on the deregulation by the Californians for Affordable and Reliable Electric Service; Power Exchange; Relief brought by the mandated...
- Some states won't wait for electricity plan. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;01/11/99, Vol. 4 Issue 35, p11
Forecasts developments on the issue of electricity deregulation in the United States for 1999. Decision of 18 states to open market to deregulation; Inclusion of renewable portfolio standard in electricity deregulation bill of New Jersey; Recovery of stranded costs; Sanctity of agreements...