Wisconsin Faces Potential $558 Million Gap
- WISCONSIN: Accord Up in Air. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p37
Reports on Wisconsin governor Scott McCallum's efforts to reach an accord on budget cuts with leaders of the state Senate and Assembly before calling a session on spending plan. Suggestions of lawmakers regarding budget cuts; Preference of lawmakers regarding a session; Billion dollar revenue...
- WISCONSIN: McCallum Meets. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p39
Reports on the efforts of governor of Wisconsin Scott McCallum to reduce the state's budget deficit. Estimated budget deficit of the state; Proposed reduction in the budget spending.
- Wisconsin's Hot Topic? Reforming the Budget Process. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/31/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31439, p36
Reports the reformation of the budget process in Wisconsin. Indication on the signing of Governor Scott McCallum into the law; Statement of the budget director David Schmiedicke; Assessment of the budget process.
- Wis. cuts: Too much, too soon. // Waste News;03/05/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p8
Editorial. Comments on the state budget proposal by Governor Scott McCallum in Wisconsin. Cause of the budget cuts; Opposition on the budget proposal; Reaction of the media toward the proposal; Effect of the proposal on the recycling industry.
- Enemies of the State. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Jun2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p26
Reports on Republican political consultant, Mike Madrid's campaign backed by the League of California Cities, to persuade voters in California to protect the finances of cities, counties and special districts from poaching by the state. Frustration of the league on the campaign; Deficit facing...
- Wisconsin Legislature Considers $1.1B Budget Repair Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31422, p3
Reports the proposal of budget repair legislation by the lawmakers in Wisconsin. Elimination of deficit on the 2003 fiscal budget by the bill; Request for the agreement with the proposed legislation by Governor Scott McCallum; Debate on the legislation by the Senate.
- Wisconsin Governor: Budget Shortfall May Top $1.3B. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p4
Focuses on the economic conditions of Wisconsin in the fiscal year 2001. Increase in the budget deficit; Estimated amount of the budget deficit; Analysis of governor, Scott McCallum on the increasing budget deficit.
- Wisconsin Governor Proposes Tobacco Funds to Plug Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p3
Reports on the measures planned by the Governor of Wisconsin Scott McCallum to reduce the state's budget deficit. Plans to utilize proceeds from a proposed tobacco securitization; Criticism of the plan by the Democratic Party; Importance of the plan to improve the economic aspects of the state.
- Facing Structural Deficit, Wisconsin Governor Slashes Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p48
No abstract available.