Tennessee Housing Agency Chief Ready to Take on 10-Year Rule
- Agency deal buyers undaunted by tactic to fill Tennessee gap. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;10/02/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30243, p30
Reports on Tennessee Housing Development Agency (THDA) deal buyers' response to the siphoning of $43 million of THDA funds to help balance Tennessee's fiscal 1998 budget. Smith Barney Inc.'s $88 million THDA homeownership program bond issue; Governor Don Sundquist's proposal to get $88 million...
- Part of $100M Tennessee Housing Issue Not Subject to AMT. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/10/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32151, p3
Reports on the sale of home mortgage revenue bonds by the Tennessee Housing Development Agency in a deal that should be of interest to in-state retail buyers. Stability of the bond ratings; Capability of the program to sustain significant losses on defaulted mortgage loans without disruption to...
- Campus Crossroads Awarded Housing Grant. // Tennessee Tribune;12/25/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 52, p9A
The article reports on the use of 160,000 dollars by Crossroads Campus received from the Tennessee Housing Development Agency (THDA) for providing safe and secure housing for teens aging out of foster care.
- Is Virginia really for lovers? // Advocate;3/5/96, Issue 702, p14
Reports on the Virginia Housing Development Authority's decision to stop making home loans to same-sex and unmarried heterosexual couples in an attempt to encourage the traditional family. Opposition to the policy by commissioner Albert Eisenberg.
- Bankrupt borrowers must pay interest. // Mortgage Banking;Jul93, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p11
Reports on the United States Supreme Court ruling concerning individuals seeking bankruptcy protection. Payment of interest on late mortgage home payments; `Rake versus Wade' case.
- Revised appraisal policy. // Mortgage Banking;Jul94, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the United States government policies on licensed and certified mortgage loan appraisals. Implications for mortgage bankers.
- HUD to publish rule on self-testing. // Mortgage Banking;Mar97, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p7
Focuses on the proposal of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development encouraging lenders to voluntarily self-test for fair lending in their residential real estate-related transactions. Privilege granted to lenders against having to disclose the results of their self-testing; Lost of...
- Agencies issue policies on real estate loans. Jacobs, Barry G. // National Real Estate Investor;Aug93, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p24
Reports on the changes in policies and guidelines on real estate loans by the federal bank and thrift regulatory agencies of the United States. Review and classification of commercial loans; Evaluation on borrower's willingness; Classification as other real state owned category (OREO);...
- Successful workouts depend on agreed-upon market value. Adler, Jane // National Real Estate Investor;Nov93, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p74
Discusses the expected increase in the flow of commercial real estate loan restructurings due to incentives provided in The Revenue Reconciliation Act of 1993. Threat of accumulating a huge tax liability; Establishment of an agreed-upon market value for property; Securitization of commercial...