TBMA Keeps Its Eye on Bond Bills
- TBMA's request for disclosure study draws mixed reaction. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/20/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30645, p6
Focuses on the reaction of market participants to The Bond Market Association's (TBMA) call for a congressionally mandated Securities and Exchange Commission study of the existing municipal disclosure regime. Recommendations on possible reforms; Rationale behind the study; Benefits expected by...
- TBMA's political clout. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;08/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30710, p1
Reports on the political contributions made by The Bond Market Association (TBMA) for the year 1999. Breakdown of its contributions to the United States Congress for the first half of 1999; Breakdown of the contributions of TBMA Public Securities Association to the US Senate and Congress from...
- Who Are These Guys? Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;04/09/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31114, p1
Reports on the contributions made by the Bond Market Association's political action committee. Contributions made by BONDPAC; Records filed by the association with the Federal Election Commission.
- BONDPAC Cash Targets Tax, Securities Lawmakers. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;08/16/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30955, p1
Highlights the results of an analysis of contributions made by the Bond Market Association's political action committee over the first 18 months of the 1999-2000 election cycle. Contributions made to the House Ways and Means and the Senate Finance Committees; Other political contributions.
- Bond Market Association PAC returns ways and means to the top of its list. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;08/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30467, p1
Focuses on the shift in the pattern of contributions made by The Bond Market Association's (TBMA) political action committee. Channeling of the largest portion of funds to members of the United States House Ways and Means Committee; Analysis of PAC contributions from the beginning of the 105th...
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.
- High-yield scarcity helps sale of a nonrated sewer refunding in Alabama. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Reports on the growing popularity of high-yielding municipal bonds among investors. Bonds issue by Parish, Alabama in August 1997; Sale of New Orleans general obligation bonds; Prices.
- The Bond Buyer new-issue calendar. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p8
Presents a listing of municipal bond and note offerings announced in August 1997. Competitive bond offerings; Competitive note offerings; Negotiated bonds; Issuer; Description; Amount; Financial adviser; Maturing.
- Sealed bids invited. Parkes, Tim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p12
Presents a listing of municipal bond offerings announced in August 1997. Bond offerings in Arkansas; Connecticut; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Texas.