Boston's Booming Suburbs
- Taxachusetts Growth Rate Tops U.S. WINDISH, JOE // Moderate Voice;7/30/2011, p12
The article reports on the growth of the economy of Massachusetts at an annual rate of 4.3 percent from April to June 2011 as reflected by the decline of unemployment rate from 8.3 percent to 7.6 percent in the first half of the year.
- State leaders focus spotlight on Western Mass. Tibbetts, David A. // BusinessWest;Dec97, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p24
Discusses information about the economic and environmental development of Western Massachusetts. What led to the economic landscape of the region; Purpose of the electricity-restructuring bill signed by Governor Celluccil; Why the Western Massachusetts has moved from an economic-stabilization...
- Pulling into the Fast Lane. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p19
Describes the projects and building renovations in Memorial Drive, a commercial corridor, in Chicopee, Massachusetts. Benefits of the renovation projects; Implications for economic development of the region; Geographical location of Chicopee; Factors influencing the growth of the Memorial Drive.
- Letter from North Adams, Massachusetts. Jubaily, Robert // Regional Review;1999 4th Quarter, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the economic transformation of North Adams, Massachusetts. Evolution of the region's economy from natural resources to textiles and high-technology manufacturing; Role of the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art in taking the city into the postindustrial age.
- Business West's wish list for 2000. // BusinessWest;Jan2000, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p12
Editorial. Speculates on the positive business and economic developments in Western Massachusetts for year 2000. Hope for the resolution of the conflict between the Sisters of Providence Health System and Baystate Health System and the former's attempt to win a contract with Health New...
- Council has recorded notable successes. // Finance Week;7/14/2003, SURVEY p3
Focuses on the integrated development plan in Tshwane City, South Africa. Provision of infrastructure; Development of institutional structures; Establishment of ties with business and educational institutions; Transformation of the local government.
- Steady growth must reduce poverty. // Finance Week;7/14/2003, SURVEY p5
Focuses on the economic growth in Tshwane City, South Africa. Percentage growth rate; Contributors to the city's growth; Objectives of the medium-term budget; Economic achievements of the local government.
- Vision for next 17 years. // Finance Week;7/14/2003, SURVEY p8
Focuses on the integrated development plan (IDP) in Tshwane City, South Africa. Aims of the plan; Advantage of integrated planning; Feature of an integrated plan; Function of the IDP.
- No-So-Great-Park. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;7/22/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p43
Presents some quotes from James Sterngold's story published in the July 1, 2002 issue of the 'New York Times' about the development plans for El Toro in Orange County, California.