EcoElectrica essentially immune to soaring natural gas prices
- EcoElectrica builds business by protecting the environment. Juarbe, Viviana // Caribbean Business;6/12/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 23, pS10
Focuses on Puerto Rico-based private electricity generator EcoElectrica's efforts to help the community. Company's awarding of scholarships to local students; Business Leader in Corporate Social Responsibility award received by the company; Creation of a recycling program with the Ponce and...
- EcoEl�ctrica officials say facility is model for future power generation. Marino, John // Caribbean Business;8/9/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 31, p22
The article offers information on the power generation technologies and performances of EcoEl�ctrica Inc., which is considered as the cleanest and most efficient powerplant in Pe�uelas, Puerto Rico. It states that EcoEl�ctrica produces 16% of the power generated in Puerto Rico and emits...
- Natural gas plant a step nearer to reality. Johnston, Robert D. // Caribbean Business;8/14/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p16
Focuses on the construction of Guayanilla, a natural gas company by EcoElectrica, in Puerto Rico. Cost of the project; When operations of the plant will begin; Identification of banks handling the project's financing; Details on the project; What operations at the plant will include.
- EcoElectrica plant construction underway. Johnston, Robert D. // Caribbean Business;2/19/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p34
States that in an effort to begin the 461-megawatt EcoElectrica natural gas plant in Guayanilla, $3 million worth of contracts will be issued. Detailed description of the project; Length of time which went into planning; Information on EcoElectrica. INSETS: Employment opportunities;Major...
- EcoElectrica starts operation in 2000. Gigante, Lucienne // Caribbean Business;12/28/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 51, p25
Reports that Puerto Rico's EcoElectrica started commercial operation in March 2000. Use of liquefied natural gas (LNG) at the end of August 2000; Goal of ending Puerto Rico's dependency on petroleum; Natural gas storage facility of EcoElectrica in Punta Guayanilla in Penuelas; Capacity to...
- More Power to Them . Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p29
Reports on the plans of the Southern California Public Power Authority (SCPPA) for the issuance of revenue bonds to finance power plant. Agreement between SCPPA member cities for the project of gas-fired plant.
- BILL TO SPEED PROJECT DELIVERY RECEIVES MIXED INDUSTRY REACTION. Rosta, Paul // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/16/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 12, p11
Examines the bill to improve project delivery in the electric powerplant construction industry in California. Legislation authored by U.S. Senator, Steve Peace; Reaction of Independent Energy Producers Association executive director, Jan Smutny Jones; Establishment of California Consumer Power...
- Note on the seemingly indefinite extension of power plant lives, a panel contribution. Ellerman, Denny // Energy Journal;1998, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p129
Focuses on the phenomenon of the indefinite extension of power plant lives in the United States. Causes of life extension which can be considered features of the regulatory system; Emerging implications of the indefinite extension of the useful life of existing plant; Resumption of...
- New capacity survey. Bergesen, Christopher // Electrical World;Jan1995, Vol. 209 Issue 1, p31
Presents the annual new-plant construction survey by `Electrical World' magazine on new United States powerplants under construction, in design, on order, or planned for service in the years 1995-2003. Historical perspective of power plants; Changes in the electric utilities approach.