New models for group plans spur questions about quality
- RFI standard may help assess providers. Gunsauley, Craig // Employee Benefit News;Mar2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p27
Reports on the development of a standardized request for information (RFI) tool designed to better measure the quality of services that health plans deliver in the U.S. Functions of the tool; Coalitions that developed the RFI tool; Significance of the RFI to General Motors.
- Battle lines drawn. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;05/03/99, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p6
Reports that the conflict over Medicare reform in the United States may hinge on whether private health plans can win market share from the government-run fee-for-service program. Impact of the introduction of President Bill Clinton's Medicare reform plan on the conflict; Significance of...
- Seeking universal health care. Gelman, Elaine // Patient Care for the Nurse Practitioner;Mar2001, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p2
Editorial. Offers observation on a conference wherein several health care organizations discussed the findings of a survey regarding the attitude of United States citizens and health care providers toward the need for universal health care coverage. Findings of the survey; Identification of the...
- No free lunch. Miller, Preston J. // Fedgazette;Oct91, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p15
Presents a dramatic analogy which warns of the problems of government-required health plans in the United States.
- Wye river part two: Health care reform. Serafini, Marilyn Werber // National Journal;3/13/99, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p705
Reports that a diverse group of policy experts, congressional aides and business representatives are holding meetings to exchange ideas on how to improve the United States' health care system. Secrecy of the meetings; Venue of the meetings; Objectives of the meeting; Identification of the...
- State Scans. // AHA News;10/12/98, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p6
Presents news briefs on medical care and the health insurance industry in the United States in 1998. Directive issued to insurance companies in Georgia; Lawsuit regarding the copying of medical records of hospitals; Endorsement of Tenet Healthcare Corporation's proposed acquisition of eight...
- Soon-To-Be-Published Report Explains Why For-Profit Insurers Are Opting Out Of Medicaid Managed... // Insurance Advocate;09/18/99, Vol. 110 Issue 37, p30
No abstract available.
- Health underwriters can survive reform. Rivera-Lopez, Elba // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jul94, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p54
Focuses on the survival of American insurance companies despite the health care reform. Competition in the marketplace; Search for careers in the disability insurance industry; Health insurance companies' opportunities in health care.
- Best Payer? Study Says Rhode Island Blues. Goedert, Joseph // Health Data Management;Aug2010, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p18
The article reports that Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island scored the highest out of 137 national, regional and government payers in 43 states in the U.S. in an annual study of health insurer performance among ambulatory providers.