Conformity as Catalyst: Environmental Defense Fund v. Environmental Protection Agency
- Citizen Alert joins quality suit. Lynne, Heidi // Las Vegas Business Press;06/07/99, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p1
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by Citizen Alert and the Nevada Environmental Coalition against the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), over the non-compliance of highway contractors to adhere to federal standards regarding air quality restrictions. Shortcomings of the Clean Air...
- Opinion: Supremes Court Gives Landowners A Victory. Marshall, Troy // Beef Expert Blog;3/30/2012, p20
The author discusses the ruling issued by the U.S. Supreme Court on the case Sackett v. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) which involved home construction on alleged wetlands in Idaho.
- PUMPS DUMPED TO PROTECT MISSISSIPPI WETLANDS. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p46
The article reports a court ruling that upheld a decision by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to halt the construction of a U.S. Army Corps of Engineer Project, called the Yazoo Pumps Project.
- Business challenges new soot and smog rules. // Occupational Hazards;Sep97, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p67
States that a lawsuit was filed against the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) by the United States Chamber of Commerce, the American Trucking Associations and the National Coalition of Petroleum Retailers, which argued that the EPA failed to comply with the Small Business Regulatory...
- States Sue Over NSR Changes; Industry Plans its Defense. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;1/15/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on the lawsuits filed by several U.S. states against the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency over its changes to the New Source Review (NSR) program. Requirements of the NSR on air quality; Complaints of states; Measures taken by the National Association of Manufacturers.
- Clear air rules prompt suit. // Traffic World;07/28/97, Vol. 251 Issue 4, p18
Reports that business groups led by the American Trucking Association (ATA) and several trucking companies have filed a lawsuit against the Environmental Protection Agency over stricter air quality rules signed by President Bill Clinton this July 1997. ATA's claim that the rules will translate...
- Ruling puts road funds in jeopardy. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/29/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30608, p1
Reports on the potential impact of a federal court ruling that struck down the United States Environmental Protection Agency's existing air pollution policy on federal funding of highway projects. Claims of Environmental Defense Fund Inc. in its lawsuit against the agency; Highway projects...
- SIERRA CLUB AND ENVTL. TECH. COOUNVCIL, INC. V. EPA: U.S. COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMNNBIA VALIDATES THE REQUIREMENTS THAT PETITIONERS MUST HAVE STANDING TO BRING A CLAIM THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY BEFORE AN ADMINISTRATIVE BOARD. Grote, Kenneth J. // University of Baltimore Journal of Environmental Law;Fall2002, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p93
Presents the court case Sierra Club and Environmental Technology Council Inc. versus U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Requirements for practitioners to bring claim before an administrative board; Inclusion for the establishment of a comprehensive regulatory scheme handling solid toxic...
- Appeals court nixes lawsuit against EPA action. // Buffalo Law Journal;8/27/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 69, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit turned down a challenge against the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) action concerning gasoline's ethanol content.