The Central and Southern Florida Project Comprehensive Review Study: Restoring the Everglades
- REC: EYE ON WILDLIFE. Darr, Deanna // Boise Weekly;9/19/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p30
The article reports on various environmental restoration and management projects in Idaho such as a series of grants offered by the Rocky Mountain, the Idaho Wildlife Summit of the Idaho Department of Fish and Game, and the City of Trees Marathon race.
- A Collaboration in Resource Management: The Stone Mountain Project. Attarian, Aram // Parks & Recreation;Jul99, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p74
Reports on the collaborative resource management at Stone Mountain, Georgia. Primary goal of the management; Situations and environments in which the collaborative management practices are applicable; Objectives of the Carolina Climbers Coalition.
- A watershed runs through you. // Yes!;Winter2004, Issue 28, p19
Focuses on the personal commitment to environmental protection in the U.S. Rehabilitation of degraded river system; Development of sustainable resource management strategies; Construction of home watersheds.
- Water and Sanitation in Thailand. Tabucanon, Monthip Sriratana // International Review for Environmental Strategies;2006, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p217
Thailand completed its Eighth National Economic and Social Development Plan at the end of 2001. Important changes in natural resource management and environmental protection were made during the five-years of this National Plan. The Ninth National Economic and Social Development Plan carries...
- A Tale of Constitutive Capacities for Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in Natural Resources Management (NRM): Between India and the Caribbean Basin. Asomba, Emmanuel // Journal of Eastern Caribbean Studies;Sep2009, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p59
The article discusses constitutive capacities, the rise of civil society organisations (CSO) and natural resources management (NRM) in India and the Caribbean Basin. It stresses the importance of determining how the sequence of activities and goals can result to institutional reinforcement and...
- Analysis on the Rational Exploitation and Regulatory Storage of Karst Water Resources in the Central-South Region of Shandong Province, China. He Keqiang; Du Wen; Zhang Shengqian; Lu Yaoru // Water Resources Management;Jan2010, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p349
The karst region in the central-south region of Shandong province of China is one of the typical half-drought temperate karst regions in north China. There are abundant karst water resources in this region, and are also the major water supply resource bases of the important cities of Shandong...
- RIVER MANAGEMENT AND Protection in New Hampshire. Mullens, Jo Beth // Northeastern Geographer;2010, Vol. 2, p37
Increasing and competing demands for river-related resources led New Hampshire to adopt the Rivers Management and Protection Program (rmpp) in 1988. A major component of this state river protection program was a provision intended to assist and encourage citizens to nominate local rivers for...
- Just Google It. Freek, Kerry // Water Canada;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p5
The article offers the author's perspective on the issue regarding the effects of the Internet to the natural resource sector in Canada. She states that some blogs contain values and opinions from people that might cause damage. She adds that the government should find ways to implement...
- A Hierarchical Approach to Forest Landscape Pattern Characterization. Wang, Jialing; Yang, Xiaojun // Environmental Management;Jan2012, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p64
Landscape spatial patterns have increasingly been considered to be essential for environmental planning and resources management. In this study, we proposed a hierarchical approach for landscape classification and evaluation by characterizing landscape spatial patterns across different...