Sierra Club v. Glickman
- Standing in the Way of Animal Welfare: A Reconsideration of the Zone-of-Interest "Gloss" on the Administrative Procedures Act. Ritter, Michael J. // Review of Litigation;Summer2010, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p951
The article discusses the zone-of-interest provision of the Administrative Procedures Act (APA) in the U.S. and its implications to animal welfare statutes. It explores the legal status of animals as property and its status limit. It discusses federal legislation on animal welfare including the...
- Sierra Club joins coal lawsuit. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);1/4/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p2
The article reports the intervention of Sierra Club in a lawsuit to slow the permission grants to nearly 18 coal-fired power plants in Texas.
- Sierra Club sues to stop Colo. unit. Wilkinson, Mitch // Waste News;03/10/97, Vol. 2 Issue 42, p13
Cites the reason the Sierra Club filed a lawsuit against rural Jackson County, Colorado, in an effort to stop it from burning waste in a nonpermitted incinerator. When the lawsuit was filed; Detailed information on the lawsuit; Comments from Jackson County's attorney Paul Sachs.
- Gunfight at Redrock lake. Stepler, Richard // Boating;Dec97, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p22
Opinion. Presents the author's view on the campaign of environmental groups, Sierra Club and Glen Canyon Institute to drain the Lake Powell, an artificial lake located at Utah and Arizona. Opposition of the Friends of Lake Powell to the groups; Used of quotes from Charles Plueddeman of Boating...
- The road to recovery: a new way of thinking about the Endangered Species Act Cheever, Federico // Ecology Law Quarterly;1996, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- Endangered species bill. Barlas, S. // Underground Construction;Nov97, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p6
Describes the changes proposed in the endangered species reform bill in the United States. Emergency repairs that may be done by gas pipelines in endangered species areas.
- Is the Endangered Species Act working? // Backpacker;May2005, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p46
Presents opposing views on the Endangered Species Act in the U.S.
- The northwest's showsown: Murrelets vs. millworkers. Knickerbocker, Brad // Christian Science Monitor;6/12/95, Vol. 87 Issue 137, p1
Discusses the likely amendments of the Endangered Species Act. Relationship between damage to biological diversity and human activities; Problems for the agencies dealing with protecting endangered species.
- NWF helps defeat latest attempts to gut endangered species act. // International Wildlife;Nov92, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p25
Discusses recent Congressional efforts, aided by the National Wildlife Federation (NWF), that have beaten back efforts to weaken the Endangered Species Act. The attempts were made via amendments to Interior Department appropriation bills.