Internet Speed My
- The Internet beckons but fashion continues to be wary of... Silverman, Dick // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;04/07/98, Vol. 175 Issue 65, p1
Looks at the prospects for Internet-based marketing of apparel. Statistics on Internet-based shopping; Reasons for apparel being one of the least popular electronic retailing categories; Opportunity that is available in the Internet; Findings on the interest of consumers in shopping at stores.
- WE WILL SHOP TILL WE DROP. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);4/24/2000, Issue 16, p78
Discusses the advantages and growing popularity of electronic commerce. Why the Internet has become the preferred method of shopping for many consumers; Online services, such as MySimon, which seek out the best prices for products; Effect of economic conditions on Internet shopping habits;...
- Gaining a bit of net value. // Builders Merchants Journal;Aug98, p15
Reports on the implications of Internet technology for hardware dealers. Use of the technology in selling products globally; Possible impact on employees and competition.
- Internet poses regulatory challenge. Otis, L.H. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;6/03/96, Vol. 100 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the advantages and disadvantages of Internet use in the insurance industry. Provision of a marketing network for insurers; Possible violation of state insurance laws; Confusion over online insurance capabilities.
- The Internet battleground awaits. Titch, Steven // Telephony;01/20/97, Vol. 232 Issue 3, p56
Predicts that competition in the telecommunications industry will be focusing on offering Internet-based services. Exploitation of the growing demand for data communications services and technology for the integration of intranets and electronic commerce among large businesses; Problems with...
- It's Going, Going, Gone...On the Internet. Goldsborough, Reid // Consumers' Research Magazine;Nov2000, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p32
Examines the popularity of online auctions. Features of the Internet auction site eBay; Sales posted by online auction and business-to-business Web sites per day; Items usually traded online; How to pay for traded items online; Drawbacks of online auctions.
- Increasing 'net value. Liebmann, Lenny // International Business: Strategies for the Global Marketplace;Sep96, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p36
Focuses on the usefulness of the Internet and online services for those doing business in a global scale. Use of the Internet in market research, contacts, promotion, and operations; Two leading online services; Two leading online services. INSETS: Staying in touch.;What's in a name..
- Easing E-fears. Zimmeth, Khristi // Crain's Detroit Business;05/18/98, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p11
States that 85 percent of Internet users fear using their credit cards online according to a study conducted by New York's Yankelovich and Partners. Suggestions that more than 90 percent fear giving out any financial information; Reasons surrounding the belief that their is a lack of security;...
- Reinsurers See B2B Web Opportunities. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/24/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the opportunities created by the Internet for reinsurers. Streamlining benefits; Strengthening of relationship with clients; Costs savings with a business-to-business Web site.