Microsoft Tightens the Web with its .NET Initiative
- Life After VB 6. Logan, Wendy // EE: Evaluation Engineering;Jun2008, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p42
The article discusses the redesign of the Visual Basic (VB) programming language which is embedded within the Microsoft .NET framework. Microsoft .Net framework helps engineers using VB .NET, the successor of VB 6, to translate the Common Intermediate Language (CIL) code into machine language...
- Unifying Accounting Practices. Pugh, Steve // Practical Accountant;Aug2006 Supplement, Vol. 39, p7
The article discusses how global business consulting company Bain & Co. was able to achieve integration between Microsoft technology, custom-built applications, and CODA Financials using .Net coding, web services, and CODA's XMLi programming interface. This integration has improved its...
- Redmond's Duntroon-trained Aussie. Turner, Adam // APC (Bauer Media Group);Aug2006, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p22
The article discusses the work and achievements of Tony Goodhew, one of Microsoft Corp.'s key product planners. A stint at Canberra's Duntroon Royal Military College prepared Goodhew to play a key role in the competition between Sun Microsystems Inc.'s Java and Microsoft's .NET programming...
- Microsoft aims for .Net gains. Coffee, Peter // eWeek;11/5/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p62
Focuses on the meaning of cryptic label of Microsoft .Net in the United States. Discussion on the licensing terms of the software; Strategy for emerging services; Promotion of company gains.
- ILOG UNVEILS BRMS AND GRAPHICS TOOLKIT. // Computer Workstations;Jul2006, p3
The article reports that ILOG has launched ILOG Rules for .NET 2.5, a key offering in its Business Rule Management System product line, and ILOG Gantt for .NET 3.0, a set of graphics tools for creating visually-rich Gantt charts for the Microsoft .NET environment including the Microsoft Visual...
- Sybase PowerBuilder 11. // Software World;Nov2007, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p19
The article reports on Microsoft .NET Framework-based enhancements made by Sybase Incorporated to DataWindow .NET 2.5 and PowerBuilder 11. DataWindow .NET 2.5 speeds up and simplifies the production of data-driven applications while PowerBuilder is a 4GL rapid application development tool....
- Microsoft's .NET impact. Yager, Tom // InfoWorld;09/04/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p45
Cites the impact of .NET, an enterprise application strategy of Microsoft Corp. Features of the .NET framework; Description of the software; Approach that can be used to weigh the impact of the software on the overall success of a business; Rumors raised about the framework; Warning of...
- Net What's the BUZZ About? Porter, Margo Vanover // Association Management;Jun2003 Supplement, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p18
Presents views of several technology solution executives on the significance of .Net as software for connecting people, system, information and devices. Provision of a common infrastructure for computers; Benefits of the computer system; Ability of the system to integrate information.
- Microsoft.NET Harnesses Power of Computers to Deliver Web Services. // Instrumentation Newsletter;2001 2nd Quarter, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p19
Focuses on the Microsoft.NET framework. Utilization of the power of computer for web service delivery; Creation of an object protocol; Advantages of web sites with Microsoft.NET; Plans of Microsoft to release Visual Studio.NET.