- Where has All the Color Gone? Kalogeridis, Carla // Automotive Industries;May2004, Vol. 184 Issue 5, p43
Focuses on the trends in the customization of interior colors of automobiles as of May 2004. Factors that contribute to the customization of interior colors; Information on interior design preferences of consumers; Inspiration of automotive color designers in creating color trends; Discussion...
- Six of the best. Sey, Euan // Interior Motives;Jan/Feb2006, p56
Describes the interior design of Renault's Clio automobile model. Features of the car; Benefits of its interior design; Theme of the design.
- smart sheds its skin. Imhof, Thomas // Interior Motives;Jan/Feb2006, p60
Describes the interior of a car designed by fashion designers Unrath & Strano. Theme of the interior design; Use of the snake motif in the car; Description of the car's exterior.
- Working hard on the inside. Clarke, Charles // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Jul/Aug2004, p71
Discusses trends in interior designs for automobiles aimed to add features and create interior space. Trend toward slimline seats; Development of prototypes of the Special Effect Door by Johnson Controls; Replacement of vinyl covering by thermoplastic olefin.
- The Inside Story: WHY INTERIORS MATTER. Kelly, Kevin M. // Automotive Design & Production;Jun2006, Vol. 118 Issue 6, p42
Discusses the significance of the interior part of automobiles to manufacturers. Importance of choice in perfecting vehicle trim and texture; Introduction of interiors earlier in the timetable for vehicle development plans; Action taken by Margaret Hackstedde, director of product design for...
- Focus on interior design as car buyers demand more comfort and features. White, Liz // Urethanes Technology;Oct/Nov2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p31
Forecasts the importance of interior design in the automobile industry by 2005. Factors that will affect the sector; Growth predictions for Germany; Performance of the automotive component supply sector. INSETS: Case study: the new Porsche Cayenne;BMW using recyclable materials.
- Conran & Partners revs up Nissan. // Design Week;3/24/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p3
Reports on the collaboration between Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and Conran & Partners for future car interiors design in Great Britain. Previous collaboration project between the two firms; Attempt of Nissan to rethink the design of its car interiors; Aim of Nissan to ramp up the design credentials...
- Standardization of Testing Methods for Automotive Textile Interior. // China Textile Leader;May2011, Issue 5, p40
Major automakers follow their in-house standards to finish the testing and appraisal of interior textiles used in their vehicles. Those testing standards are much alike, but certain disparities exist in the aspect of testing equipment, relative conditions, methods and reference indicators....
- Introspective automakers realizing it's what's inside the car that counts. Miel, Rhoda // Plastics News;6/3/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p1
Focuses on the improvements made by automakers on the interior design of cars. Efforts to make automobiles more functional and user-friendly for the owners; Selection of materials with the right color, graining and texture; Collaboration with the whole production team in designing and engineering.