TESTING FOR AGGRESSION
- THE EGO CHECK: Debriefing the Candidate after the Interview. Schmidt, Karen // Fordyce Letter;Jan2012, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p7
The article focuses on the importance of debriefing a candidate after a job interview, with focus on The Ego Check. It discusses suggestions for developing a feeling of scarcity with a prospective client, considering two possible types of candidates in an interview, such as a humble candidate...
- DÃ©roulement formel de l'entretien individuel. // Actes de la Recherche en Sciences Sociales;jui2009, Issue 178, p109
The article presents information on the unfolding of an individual job interview for candidates applying for a seasonal position in a tourism company called Loisirs. The article includes an overview of the goals of the interview, an example of the questions asked to the candidate applying for a...
- Come-to-work eyes. Bond, Michael // New Scientist;10/24/2009, Vol. 204 Issue 2731, p6
This article offers ideas for exploiting the psychological shortcuts used by employment interviewers in assessing a candidate. It advises a candidate to analyze cues such as eye contact and body language because research shows that interviewers rely on these more than rational analysis. It...
- How to `sell' yourself to an employer. Pratt, Maureen // Career World;Jan1997, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p13
Provides tips on how to promote one's skills and talents to an employer during an interview. Being positive of what one has to offer; Expression of interest and knowledge in a positive manner; Difference between being positive and bragging. INSET: The positive approach..
- Effects of time of day on interview performance. Willihnganz, Michael A.; Meyers, Lawrence S. // Public Personnel Management;Winter93, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p545
Investigates the degree to which employment interview performance was associated with the time of day at which interviews were conducted. Use of 818 records of actual interviews conducted between September, 1988 and December 1990 in a large West Coast electric utility; Development of interview...
- I aced the interview, so why didn't I get the job. Mehlman, Barbara // Cosmopolitan;Feb95, Vol. 218 Issue 2, p74
Focuses on the complexity of job interviews. Attitude of employers towards prospective employees; Effect of employer's rules, idiosyncrasies and prejudices; Insight into corporate games; Effect of negative past employments; Tips on how to make a good impression.
- Check references and compatibility before taking job. // Westchester County Business Journal;1/29/96, Vol. 35 Issue 5, pS13
Reports on the importance of knowing that an employee is compatible with his new boss during the job interview. Questions to prepare prior to first meeting; Knowledge on the company's background.
- Managing the Initial Job Interview: Smile, Schmooze, and Get Hired? Muir, Clive // Academy of Management Executive;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p156
This article addresses several issues concerning initial job interviews. The author discusses the importance of making a solid impression in this stage of the interview process, noting that this is the stage to separate yourself from other applicants. The author discusses tactics that are most...
- SELF-MONITORING, IMPRESSION MANAGEMENT, AND INTERVIEW RATINGS: A FIELD AND LABORATORY STUDY. Dedrick Long, Esther; Dobbins, Gregory H. // Academy of Management Best Papers Proceedings;1992, p274
The present research examined the relationships between self-monitoring, impression management, and interview ratings. Study I demonstrated that interviewers' ratings are influenced by candidates' self-monitoring, but only when the job is people-oriented. Study II demonstrated that self-...