Coating Improves Performance
- Coil Coating. Pinkham, Myra // Metal Center News;Nov2000, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p72
Reports the demand for prepainted metal coatings in the United States. Rationale for the manufacturers' interest of prepainted coil coatings; Details of the coil coating processes; Estimated cost of the coil coating lines. INSET: More Stringent EPA Rule Could Cause Headaches.
- ELECTROCOAT CLINIC. Jacob, Ron // Products Finishing;Nov2000, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p44
Answers several questions related to electrocoating. Masking for electrocoating; Assembling parts before electrocoating; Coating lawn mower blades.
- PLATING CLINIC. Kushner, Arthur S. // Products Finishing;Jul2012, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p34
The article presents questions and answers related to plating such as the parameters for chrome-nickel screens and pitting, the agitation of plating solutions, and the properties of phosphorous electrolytic plating.
- PLATING. // Products Finishing;May2014, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p72
The article presents questions and answers related to plating which include how to prevent shadow images in electropolishing, the ratio of copper to zinc metal in gold-colored finish in cyanide-brass plating bath, and how to minimize the nesting pf parts in barrel plating operation.
- Metal-on-metal friction plating. Belevskii, L.; Tulupov, S.; Smirnov, O.; Gordon, J.; Belevskii, I. // Metallurgist;Sep2006, Vol. 50 Issue 9/10, p497
The most expedient method of applying metallic coatings is friction plating with the use of rotating wire brushes (RWB). The coating metal is pressed against the bristles of the RWB and heated to high temperatures in the contact region. Particles of the coating metal are then captured by the...
- X-Ray Fluorescence Measures Coating Thickness. Adams, Larry // Quality;Nov2001, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p30
Deals with the use of X-ray fluorescent technology to measure coating thickness at the coating centers of Balzers Inc. Information on the coatings of various metallic compounds; How the X-ray fluorescence method works; Process of the coating thickness testing of gears.
- The name's bond. . . explosive bond. Gooch, Stephanie // T & P: Tooling & Production;Apr2002, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p49
Focuses on explosive bonding, a metallurgical technique used for bonding dissimilar metals into highly strong joint. Types of deformation after effects caused by explosive bonding; Details on the learning curve when performing secondary machining on explosive bonded parts; Factors to consider...
- Letter to the Editor. Weldon, Dwight G.; Machen, Jim // Journal of Protective Coatings & Linings;Dec2013, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p43
A letter to the editor and a response from the author of the article "The Case of... Bubbles, and Pinholes, and Blisters, Oh My!" by James Machen in the September 2013 issue is presented.
- Embryogenesis and plant regeneration of hot pepper ( Capsicum annuum L.) through isolated microspore culture. Moonza Kim; In-Chang Jang; Jin-Ae Kim; Eun-Joon Park; Michung Yoon; Youngwon Lee // Plant Cell Reports;Mar2008, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p425
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â We report high frequencies of embryo production and plant regeneration through isolated microspore culture of hot pepper (Capsicum annuum L.). Microspores cultured in modified NLN medium (NLNS) divided and developed to embryos. Globular and heart-shaped embryos were...