IT During a Downturn
- 'Fax effect' increases potential for growth. Sung Won Sohn // Inside Tucson Business;08/14/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p10
Reports the role of information technology in the United States economy. Details on the fax effect of Internet; Influence of inventory fluctuations in economic crisis; Changes in budget management and the control of monetary growth.
- SILENT BUZZ, SECRET BUZZ. Gallant, John // Network World;9/24/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p74
Urges information technology people in the United States to continue their efforts in battling the economic slowdown in 2001. Worsening of economic scenario due to terrorist attacks in September 2001; Temptation to hibernate and block out mounting problems; Enlivening of hope for an economic...
- Preparing to Offer Predictions. Rountree, David // Bank Technology News;Feb2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p31
Presents an annual assessment of the prospects for financial information technology spending in the U.S. Views of experts on the economic environment of the country; Increase in the demand for financial information technology solutions; Optimism for a recovery in the economy of U.S.
- IT'S A GOOD TIME TO SHOP FOR BARGAINS. Lundquist, Eric // eWeek;3/18/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p5
Comments on issues concerning the information technology industry in the U.S. Impact of the economic recovery to the industry; Features of the Integrity 1.0 by Zone Lab; Technological analysis on identity management.
- New sales record expected for '99. // AutoWeek;07/19/99, Vol. 49 Issue 30, p9
Presents information on car sales in the United States as of June 1999. Includes the bestsellers for the month.
- June sales: Fantastic! 1.6 million. Henry, Jim; Harris, Donna; Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;7/5/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5827, p5
Presents information on automobile industry in the United States as of July 5, 1999. Includes sales performance of automobile companies in June 1999; Factors affecting the industry.
- Inventories dip in June to 48 days. Woodyard, Michael // Automotive News;7/12/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5828, p45
Presents information on truck and car inventories of car companies in the United States as of July 12, 1999. Decrease in inventories of light vehicles.
- Dealers go slow on orders. Guilford, Dave // Automotive News;4/9/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5924, p1
Reports on developments related to the car industry in the United States as of April 9, 2001. Car dealers' reduction of their inventories of automobiles; Factors affecting the market.
- Conversion vans hit a rocky road. Kachadourian, Gail // Automotive News;4/9/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5924, p3
Focuses on developments related to the conversion van sector of the car industry in the United States as of April 9, 2001. Decline in shipments of van conversions to car dealers; Factors affecting the market.