Like Bees To Honey, WASPs Are Swarming
- The race for wireless space. Moore, Cathleen // InfoWorld;09/18/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p43
Looks at the United States' (U.S.) market for wireless data access. Details on the standards used by U.S. carriers; Details on the industries that have begun to experiment with wireless applications; Services provided by wireless application service providers.
- Managing wireless wishes. Prencipe, Loretta W. // InfoWorld;09/18/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p53
Suggests several ways for companies in managing wireless technologies. Importance of technical planning; Benefits of reviewing a company's purchasing pattern; Developing buy-in plans.
- Autodesk Motors To Mapping App. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;01/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the location-based information and technologies being provided by Autodesk. Information on the location services platform of Autodesk's Location Services division; Basis of Autodesk's product lines; Details on the MapGuide application of Autodesk.
- metrics. // EContent;Jul2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p14
Presents statistical information on electronic content business. Projected wireless entertainment revenues by 2006; Dot-com business turnaround timetable; Web search engine size.
- Sybase service embraces wireless apps. Cox, John // Network World;10/30/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p49
Announces that California-based iAnywhere Solutions has launched a service that supports the designing, building, hosting and running of wireless applications for enterprise customers. Service offerings of competing firms; Combination of wireless software products; Limitations of Wireless...
- Air ASP. // Telephony;10/02/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 14, p54
Deals with the objective of 2Roam company in directing its application service provider's model into the wireless data market. Examples of 2Roam's customers and allies; Impact of the advertising strategy of Engage Media to the company; Challenges faced by 2Roam in the Internet market.
- PROVIDING WIRELESS CONNECTIONS. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;09/25/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p35
Focuses on Mountain View, California-based MobileSys Inc.'s foray into wireless network hosting. Goal of hosting the wireless connection between enterprise customers and carriers; Pricing models for the service; Oracle Corp.'s introduction of wireless application services through its...
- OmniSky service beta soars over Palm.Net. Bethoney, Herb // PC Week;02/21/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p49
Reviews OmniSky Corp.'s service which includes wireless access to the Internet and an exclusive Novatel Minstrel V Cellular Digital Packet Data (CDPD) modem that attaches to the Palm V notebook. Easy to use applications; Access to wide areas of Web-based content; Difficult modem shutdown; Flat...
- Mob Of Wireless ASPs Chase Mobile Web. Spangler, Todd // Inter@ctive Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p24
Offers a look at the emergence of Internet start-up companies described as wireless application service providers. Service proposition of the providers; Agreements of Everypath with several Web sites; Services offered by AnyDevice.