Trademark Face-off Begins
- INSURANCE LAW REVIEW. // Insurance Advocate;01/21/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p10
Presents news briefs on insurance lawsuits in the United States as of January 21, 2002. Settlement of a federal trademark infringement suit filed by Nationwide against Nationwide Insurance Group Inc. and The Nationwide Companies; Amount of fund that the Allstate companies need to create to pay...
- San Francisco: AT&T's Next Target? Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p1
Reports that the drive of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to create cross-country coverage for its Digital One Rate has a fundamental gap in San Francisco, California. Implications of AT&T Wireless' co-ownership of Cellular One of San Francisco; Impact of the potential partnership between Vodafone...
- AT&T Wireless, Cellular One Settle Dispute. // Wireless Week;12/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p4
States that AT&T Wireless and Cellular One have settled a legal dispute over the use of the phrase digital one.
- AT&T's plan to shed paging unit doesn't knell death of industry. Bruno, Anthony // RCR;12/08/97, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p22
Presents information on plans by American Telephone and Telegraph (AT&T) to sell its Wireless Messaging Division. Comments by Ruthlyn Newell, AT&T corporate spokeswoman; Speculations of paging industry analysts; Background information on AT&T paging operations.
- AT&T Progeny Graduates. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;05/21/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p1
Explores telecommunication company AT&T Wireless Incorporated's prospects once it leaves parent company AT&T Corporation. AT&T Wireless' assets and debt as of the end of 2000; AT&T Wireless' revenue for the first quarter of 2001; Reason for the breakout of AT&T Wireless.
- AT&T Units Must Swim Alone. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p1
Reveals the options of AT&T Corp.'s wireless operations to respond to market changes to improve their performance in the telecommunication industry. Increase in the revenue of AT&T Wireless Group in the third quarter of 2000; View of some analysts on the reorganization of AT&T.
- AT&T Wireless Celebrates Its Independence. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;7/9/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p5
Reports on AT&T Wireless' emancipation from AT&T Corp. in July 2001. How AT&T Wireless telecommunication offices will celebrate the separation; Terms of the split; Plan of AT&T Wireless for its customer base development.
- Legal update. Davies, Isabel // Journal of Brand Management;Nov2002, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p168
Presents legal issues on trade mark infringement and internet with reference to the lawsuit Reed Executive Plc v Reed Business Information Ltd. Facts related to the lawsuit; Issues considered in the judgement; Author's opinion about the lawsuit.
- TIFF OF THE TITANS: GETTY V. GETTY. // Photo District News;Sep2004, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p14
Reports on a lawsuit filed by J. Paul Getty Trust against Getty Images for trademark infringement and breach of contract over the stock photograph agency's decision to sell images to consumers on Amazon.com.