Lucent Lays Tracks For Future
- LUCENT REFOCUSES ON PROFIT WITH SLIMMED-DOWN PORTFOLIO. LaBarba, Liane H. // Telephony;10/28/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 13, p10
Reports on the restructuring plan of Lucent Technologies. Financial performance in the 2001 fourth quarter; Products that the company plan to develop; Number of employees that the company will terminate.
- Lucent Posts Gains but Regroups. Haber, Carol // Electronic News;11/01/99, Vol. 45 Issue 44, p12
Reports on the corporate reorganization efforts at Lucent Technologies Inc. Gains posted by the company in the fourth quarter of 1999; Creation of four core businesses; Reasons for the revenue growth.
- Lucent reorg focuses on enterprise nets. Rohde, David // Network World;11/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p85
Reports on the reorganization of Lucent Technologies Inc. Formation of a dedicated enterprise networking division called Lucent Enterprise Networks; Combination of the company's wide area network-access product families with the voice product lines; Maintenance of the PBX/call center group;...
- Long road to recovery. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;01/29/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the reorganization of Lucent Technologies which will be filled with problems in 2001. Quarterly operating loss; Restructuring plan of Lucent; Scheduled completion date of the worker layoffs; Opinion on the efforts of the company.
- LUCENT RESTRUCTURES, CUTS JOBS. Scanlon, Bill // Interactive Week;1/29/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p19
Reports on the restructuring efforts of Lucent Technologies as of January 29, 2001. Plan of the company to cut job; Reduction in spending; Financial status of the company.
- Job cuts threat hits Lucent staff in UK. // Electronics Weekly;10/16/2002, Issue 2072, p1
Reports on the workforce reduction activity of Lucent Technologies in Great Britain as of October 2002. Reason for the workforce reduction; Expected revenue of the company for the fourth-quarter of 2002.
- Building A Business Structure. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;7/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p1
Provides information on the downsizing activities of Lucent Technologies in 2001. Details of the reorganization of the company's operations; Implications of the move; Losses posted in the second quarter; Contracts for third-generation equipment acquired by Lucent.
- Lucent Slims Down, Restructures. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;04/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p3
Focuses on the restructuring plan of Lucent Technologies. Percentage of increase in the company's second-quarter income in 2000; Benefit of restructuring to the company; Information on the company's deal with Harris Corp.
- Lucent divides wireless, wireline businesses. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;7/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p18
Reports on the plan of Lucent Technologies to realign its business operations into two main division wireless and wireline. Reason for the plan; Expected effectivity of the decision; Belief of the company on its business model.