CDPD Still Has Traction In Seattle
- Got Juice? Martinek, Marcia // Wireless Review;05/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 10, A Review of New Sites p10
Deals with the lesson learned by AT&T Wireless Services company on testing its first digital network in Florida. Challenge in powering a cell site; Pros and cons in selecting batteries for wireless phones; Significant of monitoring a plan.
- The Good The Bad The Ugly. Gaidry, Brian // Network World;5/26/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p6
Presents news concerning the computer industry in the United States as of May 26, 2003. Predicted percent of online households in the country that will have home networks deployed by 2008; AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s technology that allows customers to vote for performers on the television...
- Road to 3G begins in Seattle for AT&T Wireless. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;7/30/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p21
Reports the upgrading of AT&T Wireless Corp.'s network protocol in Seattle, Washington. Aim and purpose of the upgrading; Completion of the construction of an overlay network; Advantages in upgrading the technologies.
- AT&T Wireless Brings Wi-Fi To Runway. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 37, p16
Reports that AT&T Wireless Inc. has launched the GoPort Wi-Fi wireless local area network service at the Denver International Airport in Colorado. Brand of wireless device used by the company; Cost of the service; Details on a deal of the company with Microsoft Corporation.
- Overhauling a Giant: Evolving Cingular. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;9/11/2006 Supplement, Vol. 247, p10
The article reports that the Cingular Wireless acquired the AT&T Wireless in 2004, creating the country's largest mobile operator and a network integration project of colossal proportions. The Cingular has rollout a Universal Mobile Telecommunication System with a High speed Downlink Packet...
- Preparing for wireless voice over IP. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;07/10/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the commitment of AT&T Wireless and Nokia to third generation technology and the applications it will enable, including voice over Internet Protocol (IP). Agreement to enhance the EDGE standard; Plans for the wireless IP infrastructure; Comments from Mike Robinson, vice president of...
- Amtrak Jumps Aboard the Wi-Fi Train. Keeffe, Sue O. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the contract of AT&T Wireless with Amtrak to deploy Wi-Fi service in Amtrak's train stations. Comment of Amtrak vice president of real estate development Sally Bellet regarding their partnership with AT&T Wireless.
- Internet, CDPD for dispatch. // Fleet Owner;Jun98, Vol. 93 Issue 6, Truck.com pTC14
Focuses on the use of cellular digital packet data (CDPD) service by truck drivers. Reference to Lavelle Engineering Technologies Incorporated's On+Site Dispatch; Signing of an agreement by Lavelle with American Telephone and Telegraph (AT&T) Wireless Services to market On+Site and AT&T's CDPD...
- Giving GPRS The Business, But Wi-Fi? Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;8/5/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the partnership between AT & T Wireless and Microsoft to market wireless data services and products to enterprises. Significance of 802.11 computer network protocol; Target of the partnership; Availability of corporate location-based services by AT & T Wireless using Microsoft...