IBM Eats What It Serves
- Microsoft, IBM e-mail users suffer delays. Lapolla, Stephanie // PC Week;03/10/97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p8
Notes problems with electronic mail services to customers of Microsoft Corp. and IBM in March 1997. Reaction of customers of the Microsoft Network and IBM's Global Network; Reasons for the problem; Time the system was down.
- BLACKBERRY BANDWAGON. Nelson, Erik P. // Entrepreneur;Mar2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p38
Reports on the decision of Research in Motion to offer its BlackBerry wireless concept to large corporations. Requirements for the BlackBerry concept; Examples of companies that are showing interest on the BlackBerry concept.
- BlackBerrry Steals The Show. Mickelson, Aleah // Wireless Week;3/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p54
Reports on the inclusion of the BlackBerry wireless handheld e-mail device from Research In Motion Ltd. in the goodie bag given to the performers and presenters at the Grammy Awards. Wireless service included in the BlackBerry; Other products included in the goodie bag.
- Rim's Blackberry connects remote users to desktop e-mail. Bruno, Antony // RCR;01/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p22
Features Research in Motion Ltd.'s Blackberry, a wireless electronic mail solution. Capabilities; Technologies used in developing the product; Monthly service rate.
- E-Mail in Your Pocket. // Knowledge Management;Oct2000, p92
Features BlackBerry, a two-way pager with wireless electronic mail and personal information manager pocket computer developed by Research in Motion in the United States. Versions of the device; Correspondence between the device and the desktop personal computer; Advantages of BlackBerry over...
- `For sale' sign goes up on IBM's Global Network. Pappalardo, Denise; Guth, Rob // Network World;09/07/98, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p54
Reports on speculation that International Business Machines' (IBM) Global Network business will be sold. Amount of money which IBM hopes to gain from the sale; Service provided by the network; Importance of the network for IBM's internal communication channels; Identities of companies which may...
- IBM as consultant: A transformation history. // Chain Store Age;Sep95, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p2C
Presents information on IBM Consulting Group's corporate history. Demand for technology information from consumers prompting the company's establishment in 1989; Officials appointed in the company; Scope and variety of the company's client base; Reasons cited by clients on why they choose the...
- IBM bolsters its remote access IP service. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;04/27/98, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p9
Announces that IBM Global Services will be making improvements to the remote access component of its Managed Data Network Service by adding monitoring tools, service-level agreements and high speed modem support. Reasons for the improvements; How the additions will benefit the company; Comments...
- IBM adds fuel to its firewall services. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;03/02/98, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the plans of IBM Global Services to improve its managed firewall service by adding support for the Internet Engineering Task Force's IP Security (IPSec) tunneling protocol, utilization reporting and server load balancing. Benefits of Manage Data Network Services Firewall; What is...