Market Downturn Finally Reaches TI
- Chip sector losses underline sagging handset sales. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p17
Looks at the status of the semiconductor industry in the early part of 2002. Losses posted by companies in the industry as a result of declining cellular telephone handset sales in 2001; Outlook of Texas Instruments; Losses posted by Toshiba Corp.
- A Computer Whiz Short-Circuits. Alexander, Charles; Allis, Sam // Time;12/7/1981, Vol. 118 Issue 23, p61
The article offers information on electronics manufacturing company, Texas Instruments Inc., while focusing on the company's business condition. It states that the company's profits has declined 55%, its stock price down by 50% and has laid off 3% of its workforce. It underlines the company's...
- ST, Moto, Qimonda, Spansion record significant losses. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;2/4/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p1
This article reports on the financial losses of several companies in the electronics industry in 2007. STMicroelectronics reported a net loss of $477 million and $545 million operating loss as a result of the weak dollar. Qimonda recorded an earnings before income and tax loss of $859 million...
- the week in electronics. // Electronics Weekly;5/1/2013, Issue 2546, p3
The article offers news briefs in Europe as of May 1, 2013. Texas Instruments Inc. continues to benefit from its mix of analogue and embedded processor products as it reported first quarter revenues. NXP Semiconductors reported first quarter revenues of $1.085 billion. STMicroelectronics NV...
- SWOT Analysis. // Texas Instruments, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Oct2005, p5
Provides a business analysis of Texas Instruments Inc., a large semiconductor company which designs, manufactures and sells semiconductors for the communications, computing, automotive, military, and industrial and consumer markets, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for...
- TI'S NEW PICCOLO MCU PROVIDES POWER LINE COMMUNICATION. // Computer Protocols;Feb2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p1
The article offers information on the TMS320F2806x Piccolo floating-point microcontrollers (MCU) from Texas Instruments Inc. (TI).
- TI DEBUTS DELFINO FLOATING-POINT MICROCONTROLLER. // Electro Manufacturing;Apr2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p5
The article offers brief information on the SM320F28335-HT Delfino floating-point microcontroller from Texas Instruments Inc.
- French radar agreement alters Pentagon policy. Morrocco, J.D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/25/88, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p16
Defense Secretary Frank C. Carlucci has called for a major review of the Pentagon's technology transfer procedures, to begin next week. It has prompted a shift in Defense Dept. policy toward the export of sophisticated and sensitive technologies and follows a landmark decision in which the...
- Texas Instruments seeks to boost foreign sales through expansion. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/3/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p55
Reports that Texas Instruments' Defense Systems and Electronics Group plans an ambitious international expansion plan to boost foreign sales to about 20 percent of its business. Texas Instruments has plants in 20 foreign locations and will build on that network in various ways. Growth plans and...