Nextel Makes Another Spectrum Grab
- Arch completes license sale to Nextel. // RCR Wireless News;6/4/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p51
Reports on the completion of the sale of the 900 megahertz Specialized Mobile Radio licenses of Arch Wireless Inc. to Nextel Communications Inc. Aim of the license sale.
- Nextel wins at 900 MHZ by picking up Arch spectrum. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p9
Announces Nextel Communications Inc.'s purchase of the 900 MHz Specialized Mobile Radio licenses inherited by Arch Wireless Inc. from Paging Network Inc. when it merged with PageNet.
- New Strategies Transform Carriers. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;03/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p26
Explores how paging/messaging companies in the United States are transforming themselves to survive in the wireless communication industry. Status of the one-way paging market; Projection on the number of subscribers of two-way messaging services by the end of year 2001; Steps taken by Arch...
- In Brief. // Wireless Review;02/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p12
Presents news briefs related to the wireless communications industry in the United States as of February 15, 2001. SMR license purchased by Nextel company from Arch Wireless company; Move of GTE TSI company to change its name into TSI company; Decision of the Federal Communications Commission...
- 3G key to coffers. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;08/21/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 8, p7
Comments on the potential payoff of third generation (3G) wireless license auctions for the United States (U.S.) government. Estimated value of a wireless license auction in the country; Problem of 3G wireless in the U.S.; Spectrum considered most appropriate for 3G wireless communication use.
- Nextel leads all bidders in speedy SMR auction. Wayne, Debra // RCR;11/03/97, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p2
States that according to statistics, Nextel Communications Incorporated seems to be the leader in auction of 525, 800 MHz specialized mobile radio services licenses. Top five bidders as of round 12; Details on net revenues for licenses following round 12; Indepth look at issue.
- Direct Connect Going Nation Wide. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p4
Reports that Nextel Communications Inc. will launch its key differentiating service called Direct Connect throughout the U.S.. Implications of the rollout of the service to competitors; Phases of the launch; Initial markets that will offer the service; Challenges faced by the company.
- Nextel agrees to protect WorldCom educational leases. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;7/14/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p1
Reports on the decision of WorldCom Inc. to protect its spectrum leases with educational institutions in the U.S. amid the bankruptcy sale of its fixed wireless assets to Nextel Communications Inc. in July 2003. Terms of the asset purchase agreement between WorldCom and Nextel; Legal arguments...
- Ready, set, reband. Jackson, Donny // Mobile Radio Technology;May2005, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p22
The article focuses on issues related to rebanding process in the field of radio communication in the United States. Nextel Communications Inc. is the wireless carrier paying the rebanding bill. It may be months before 800 MHz licensees have definitive information regarding which tasks...