Qualcomm Beats Street
- Qualcomm stock responds to analysts' estimates. Meyer, Dan // RCR;06/19/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p8
Reports on the resurgence of Qualcomm Inc.'s stock on June 16, 2000 after shedding almost two percent the previous two days when analysts cut earnings estimates for the company.
- Qualcomm Ends Fiscal Year on a Positive Note. Davis, Rob // San Diego Business Journal;11/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p10
The article reports on the increase in the net income of Qualcomm Inc. for its 2005 fiscal year. CEO Paul Jacobs credited the growth to a 30 percent boost in shipments of cellular telephones. The company increase its annual research and development expenses by 40 percent in an effort to develop...
- Not Again, Qualcomm! // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Announces the rise in the price of stocks of Qualcomm on December 29, 1999. What contributed to the increase; Explanation for a high price target.
- Qualcomm stock drops on warning of slower chip sales. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;01/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the decline in Qualcomm Inc.'s stock prices for the week of January 31, 2000 following an announcement of a decrease in wireless chip sales. Decrease as a result of an inventory balancing; Expectations of the stocks' impact on company revenues.
- Qualcomm Up, But Puzzling. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;11/08/99, Vol. 5 Issue 45, p1
Announces the increase in the stock price of Qualcomm of San Diego, California. Technology used by the company; Comments from Pete Peterson, analyst at Volpe Brown Whelan & Co.; Factors that contributed to the increase.
- Qualcomm Stock Rises as Expectations Met. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;4/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p9
Reports on the rise in the stocks of wireless communications technology company Qualcomm Inc. after the company said it met analyst expectations for the quarter ended March 31, 2002. Adjustment in the company's guidance; Percentage increase of the stocks; Net income.
- Sawtek stock impacted by Qualcomm technology news. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;1/1/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p24
Reports on the decline in the stock price of Sawtek Inc. in December 2000 after Qualcomm Inc. announced it had designed a technology that would eliminate the need for one of Sawtek's main products.
- Does profit still count in share price? De Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;12/16/2002, p33
Reports on the association between corporate profits and stock prices in South Africa. Standard techniques for share valuation; Post-deflation behavior of stocks; Accounts of gross operating surplus.
- If profits propel stocks, what now? Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;1/20/98, Vol. 90 Issue 37, pB8
Reports on the relationship in the United States between corporate profits and company share prices. Why analysts expect lower share prices in 1998 than in the time between 1994 and 1997; The rise in pretax profits; How profit share has risen since 1992 and is at its highest since 1968;...