Carriers End Year With A Bang
- Fourth-quarter subscriber numbers disappoint investors. Luna, Lynnette; Carroll, Kelly // Wireless Review;Feb2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p10
Discusses the lower subscriber addition of wireless carries in the U.S. for the fourth quarter of 2001. Subscriber additions to carriers; Reasons for the lower subscriber additions; Reactions of investors and analysts to the low number of additional subscribers in the quarter.
- LISTINGS. // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Sep2007, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p58
The article presents information on various directories that offer information on different consumer groups in the U.S. Netline Corp. offers seven new telecommunication and wireless trade magazine subscriber files sourced from its Tradepub.com division. BodyFit Pro Green Tea 500 identifies...
- Here's a concept: Sell cell plans with a smile. Frazier, Mya // Advertising Age;11/21/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 47, p6
This article deals with the contributions of independent mobile (IMO) to wireless stores in the U.S. in November 2005. IMO served as the place where consumers can raise their complaints and demands concerning the wireless service companies in the country. Thus, IMO hopes to profit from...
- Survey: 11% of callers use only cellphones. // RCR Wireless News;6/11/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p22
The article discusses the results of a survey on U.S. consumers and their relationship to telecom, particularly the trend toward wireless substitution. The survey found out that 81% of U.S. adults have a landline phone and 77% have a cellphone. About 16% use Voice over IP to make telephone...
- Equity for All. Maas, Nancy // Wireless Design & Development;Jan2007, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
The author forecasts on the viability of the U.S. telecommunications industry in 2007. She points out some positive indications for the telecommunications sector. She contends that wireless consumers are being discriminated against and penalized for embracing the technology. She explains the...
- The Year of the Consumer. Silva, Jeffrey; Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;12/22/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 51/52, p8
Discusses the contributions of the U.S. consumers to the growth of the wireless communications industry in 2003. Impact of consumer complaints on industrial laws; Lawsuits that prompted a bill of rights for telecommunication consumers; Intervention of legislators on industrial issues.
- The who, what and how often of wireless apps. // Wireless Review;Oct2005, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p22
This article introduces a report on wireless carriers based on exclusive market research data supplied by M:Metrics, a wireless market research firm. The research is built on surveys the firm conducted in the summer of 2005 among 41,446 wireless users. M:Metrics uses the survey results to...
- Talk to the Hand. Bennison, Gail // Fort Worth Business Press;10/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p38
Evaluates the Ogo, a wireless messaging device developed by the AT&T Wireless Services Inc. Features of Ogo; Number of instant messaging users in the U.S.; Price of Ogo.
- MVNOs Pursue Hispanic Consumers. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;6/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the debut of wireless plans that are targeted to the Hispanic consumers in the U.S. Kinds of services included in the wireless plans; Information on the special international dialing function to be introduced by Viva Liberty; Reason why the service offered by Primus...