Round Rock, Tex., Schools in No Hurry to Rush to Market
- Fast-Growing Georgia School District Selling $110 Million. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p38
Reports on the Henry County School District of Georgia's sale of $111 million worth of general obligation bonds. Structure of the deal; Use of proceeds from the sale; Bond rating; Previous bond issues of the district.
- As Deteriorating Texas Schools Crowd to Capacity, Voters Approve Bond Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31090, p32
Reports the approval of school districts on to sell bond authorizations for improvements on deteriorating schools in Texas. Implication of the sale for the Richardson, Del Valle and Lake Travis Independent School Districts; Construction of schools and improvement of computer technology; Amount...
- Texas' Humble ISD Heads to Market With $122M Offering. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p26
The article reports that the Humble Independent School District in Texas is issuing on January 24, 2006 general obligation bonds through the iDeal's Parity electronic bidding system. The final maturity date of the bonds was set to the year 2030 to take advantage of historically low rates and to...
- Deer Creek Debt Cleared. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p33
The article reports on voters' approval of $32 million in bonds for Deer Creek public schools, officially known as the Oklahoma County Independent School District No. 6 in Oklahoma. The bonds received 87 percent approval rating from the voters.
- School Bond Bonanza. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p31
The article reports that several school districts in the state of Washington are seeking voter authorization for a combined total of nearly $400 million in debt during local elections on March 14, 2006. Some of the districts that made the requests include Highline School District, Bellingham...
- S.C. Schools Make Rush To Market. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p1
The article reports that school districts in South Carolina will sell about $350 million of installment purchase revenue bonds before a law prohibiting them goes into effect. According to the article, the school districts are being criticized for using the bond issuance to get around a...
- Say Aaa: Texas School Fund Stays Strong Even as It Nears Capacity. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31939, p1
Reports on the capacity of the Texas Permanent School Fund (PSF) to guarantee school district debt in the state. Stability of the bond rating; Consideration of implementing further strictures on the access to the PSF's triple-A guarantee; Limitation of the credit enhancer.
- Two Washington Schools Ready Refundings; Smaller Deals Put on Hold. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;3/8/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32085, p5
Reports on the plan of issuing two school district refunding bonds in Washington. Total amount of bonds to be issued by Edmonds School District Number 15; Uncertainty of the district of the success of the deal; Failure of rating agencies to assign ratings to the bonds.
- Moody's upgrades Skokie schools to Aa3. // Bond Buyer;04/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30621, p2
Reports on the Aa3 rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service to the general obligation limited-tax school bonds issued by Cook County School District No. 68 in Skokie, Illinois.