Round Rock, Tex., Schools in No Hurry to Rush to Market
- Fast-Growing Georgia School District Selling $110 Million. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p38
Reports on the Henry County School District of Georgia's sale of $111 million worth of general obligation bonds. Structure of the deal; Use of proceeds from the sale; Bond rating; Previous bond issues of the district.
- As Deteriorating Texas Schools Crowd to Capacity, Voters Approve Bond Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31090, p32
Reports the approval of school districts on to sell bond authorizations for improvements on deteriorating schools in Texas. Implication of the sale for the Richardson, Del Valle and Lake Travis Independent School Districts; Construction of schools and improvement of computer technology; Amount...
- Texas' Humble ISD Heads to Market With $122M Offering. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p26
The article reports that the Humble Independent School District in Texas is issuing on January 24, 2006 general obligation bonds through the iDeal's Parity electronic bidding system. The final maturity date of the bonds was set to the year 2030 to take advantage of historically low rates and to...
- Deer Creek Debt Cleared. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p33
The article reports on voters' approval of $32 million in bonds for Deer Creek public schools, officially known as the Oklahoma County Independent School District No. 6 in Oklahoma. The bonds received 87 percent approval rating from the voters.
- Moody's upgrades Skokie schools to Aa3. // Bond Buyer;04/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30621, p2
Reports on the Aa3 rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service to the general obligation limited-tax school bonds issued by Cook County School District No. 68 in Skokie, Illinois.
- Pennsylvania School District Appeals IRS Ruling That '96 Issue Is Taxable. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34219, p6
The article reports on the appeal of a Pennsylvania School District on the ruling of the United States Internal Revenue Service that its 1996 bond issue is taxable. The school district may sue up to eight parties to the transaction. Bondholders should be protected from taxation and deal...
- California Schools Ask for $11.6B of Bonds. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;10/31/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F342, p13
The article reports that voters in California will decide on November 4, 2014 on whether to approve the 113 separate bond measures, worth 11.6-billion dollars, asked by school districts to finance the construction of new schools, and the purchase of equipment. Topics covered include the failure...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bondbuyer.com;8/8/2014, p11
The article presents the results of the competitive sales in several states including Arkansas, Louisiana and Massachusetts. Topics discussed include the refunding bonds for Ouachita River School District of Polk County, Arkansas, the general obligation school bonds Series 2014 for Bienville...
- Record School Vote Looms. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/8/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33229, p7
The article reports on the pending approval of a school bond package with a 354 million U.S. dollars request in 2009 in Tulsa County, Oklahoma. According to school superintendent Keith Ballard, he will be presenting his final recommendation to trustees in 2009. General obligation bonds of the...