Retiring 1990 Debt Could Save Chicago Schools $10 Million
- ILLINOIS: CTA's $2B Gets Negative. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/17/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33133, p9
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has rated the Chicago Transit Authority's (CTA) $2 billion of sales and transfer tax receipts bond and lease revenue bonds with negative figure. CTA's $1.9 billion of sales tax bonds and $89 million of lease revenue bonds were sold through...
- Focus on... // Practical Accountant;Mar2001, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p13
Focuses on the type of callable bond called step-up bond. Yield; Liquidity; Risk.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;07/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30180, p21
Lists bond calls and redemptions in the United States. Includes California's Contra Costa County variable rate demand multifamily mortgage revenue funding bonds; Colorado's Idaho Springs Downtown Special Improvement District No. 1; Pennsylvania's Alburtis Borough sewer revenue bonds.
- Noncallables aid Nassau County, N.Y. sale. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;08/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30205, p2
Reports that the noncallable feature on $110 million of Nassau County, New York general improvement refunding bonds was one factor spurring demand for the loan.
- Bond Calls & Redemptions. // Bond Buyer;03/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30850, p22
Presents information on the call dates of bonds in New Jersey and Wisconsin, United States. Amount; Due date; Status.
- Considering callables. // Credit Union Management;Oct97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p17
Offers advice for credit unions on how to invest in callable bonds in the United States. Ways on how to capitalize on income opportunities; Advantages of investing in callable bonds; Purchase of low-yielding bonds.
- Results of negotiated sales. // Bond Buyer;02/04/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30822, p15
Presents information on negotiated bond sales in the United States. Includes bond offerings of the Arkansas Development Finance Authority and the Jacksonville Port Authority in Florida; Amount; Call dates.
- Results of competitive sales. // Bond Buyer;02/04/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30822, p16
Presents information on competitive bond sales in the United States. Includes winning bids by American Municipal Securities Inc. and First Union Securities Inc.; Amount; Call dates.
- Call Variations Affect Extra Yield on Bonds. McGeorge, Andrew // Credit Union Magazine;Jul2006, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p62
The article reports that credit unions include callable agency bonds as among the most popular products in their portfolios. The idea behind callable agency bonds is that the issuer retains the right to call the bond to buy it back at par, and the issuer compensates the investor with extra yield...