Senate Approves Whitman as Head of EPA by 99-to-0 Vote
- EPA. Kriz, Margaret; Heath, Erin // National Journal;6/23/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p2007
Presents information on the officials and employees of the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Christie Whitman, administrator; Linda J. Fisher, deputy administrator; Judith E. Ayres, designated assistant administrator for International Activities.
- Pollution Engineering Magazine Exit Interview With CHRISTINE TODD WHITMAN. // Pollution Engineering;Oct2003, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p26
Interviews Christine Todd Whitman, administrator of U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Comment of Whitman on the issue of achieving the objectives of the agency under her administration; Opinion on the U.S. president's commitment to address the global warming issue; Commitment of Whitman's...
- Bush Taps Whitman to Head EPA. Franz, Neil // Chemical Week;1/3/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 1, p12
Announces the nomination of New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman as administrator of the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Predecessor of Whitman; Reason for choosing Whitman; Reaction of environmental groups.
- Whitman EPA Nomination Draws Broad Support. Franz, Neil // Chemical Week;1/17/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p33
States that United States (U.S.) President George W. Bush's nomination of New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman to head the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency gained broad support. Environmental issues for which Whitman is known; Implication of her nomination to the chemical industry; Her...
- Senate Confirms Governor Whitman For Top EPA Post in Unanimous Vote. // Chemical Market Reporter;02/05/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 6, p4
Provides information on the appointment of former New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman as administrator of the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Comments from American Chemistry Council president, Fred Webber; Commitment of Whitman as head of the agency.
- EPA Will Aim for Clean Environment And Healthy Economy, New Head Says. // Chemical Market Reporter;02/19/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 8, p4
Discusses the plans of Christine Todd Whitman as head of the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Her plans to clean up the environment; Selection of deputy administrator.
- Brownfield Pay Issue Still Unresolved. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/08/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 13, p26
Reports that United States Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Christie Whitman has not yet made a decision on whether she will offer assurances to congressional Democrats that a law requiring workers be paid prevailing wages be applied to brownfield cleanup projects. Major provisions...
- TROUBLED TENURE'S END. // njbiz;5/26/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p2
Reports on the resignation of Christie Whitman as head of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Effectiveness of her leadership; Priority projects while in office; Accomplishments in the office.
- Christie et al.'s makeover. Mannix, Margaret; Parker, Suzi; Makovsky, David; Neusner, Noam; Walsh, Kenneth T.; Pound, Edward T. // U.S. News & World Report;9/3/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 8, p4
Reports on efforts to improve public opinion of United States Environmental Protection Agency chief Christie Whitman. Issues that have garnered a negative image such as regulations concerning arsenic levels in drinking water; Plans to hire a strategic communications and public affairs service.